Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking at Tundras for more space although I love my FJ. A few questions:
1. Is there an Excel spreadsheet floating out there with all the options and packages?
2. Has anyone heard of any Toyota loyalty incentives?
3. Being that 2013 will be the last year for the current model how low do you think dealers will go?
4. If I'm going to put my own rims and tires on the car is there any advantage to purchase the Off-Road packages? I saw the TRD at the dealer and the truck's stance looking taller, it looked like it had more ground clearance.
I appreciate everyone's time and any suggestions.
Thanks,
Mike

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Gotcha.....are you looking into a dbl cab or crewmax. I have dbl cab and a 8mo old boy. space is more than enough for me and my family. Im 5'10 200lbs and my wife is 5'short 110lbs...just to give you an idea. chk with your local dealer for the deals and incentives. each have there own specials. Im pretty sure you can talk them down. as far as putting your own tire/wheel/lift package I went with SR5 model...non TRD knowing that I was going to lift, suspension and rim/tires replaced...etc

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Do it, man. Along with a Tundra comes the bragging rights of having pulled a space shuttle. :D

Seriously, both are excellent vehicles. FJ is a better off-roader. Tundra is better puller. What exactly are your needs?

· Registered
8,147 Posts
if you don't off-road and space is the major issue for you with your baby, get a CM. The discussion between CM and DC comes on regularly, and the more than less members agree that for a family situation, it's better to get a CM. Coming from FJ, even a DC may appear to be so spacious. But remember that your child tends to get bigger sooner than later. Here is the link to one recent thread discussing this.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/121710-dc-cm.html

· Registered
545 Posts
where are you from? Mountain State Toyota got me exactly what i wanted when i bought mine. I like adding my own touches (wheels, acc, etc) so i told them i was looking for a pretty much bare crewmax with the tow package and in a few days they had it

· "Off-Topic Discussion Troll"
1,288 Posts
Do it, man. Along with a Tundra comes the bragging rights of having pulled a space shuttle. :D

Seriously, both are excellent vehicles. FJ is a better off-roader. Tundra is better puller. What exactly are your needs?
For him to have those bragging rights he needs to purchase a 2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4 in Silver Streak....

· Registered
1,055 Posts
No, if you are going to do your own wheels and tires, the only other thing the off road package adds is stiffer shocks. Dollar for dollar, its not worth the upgrade to TRD price if you want you own equipment anyway.

Just make sure you pick one up with the tow package. That is what really counts for extras.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.