Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

Just doing the required first post. I've been looking for a new truck for a year now, but my old F150 threw its timing chain (I think one of the cam phasers went, but I didn't care enough to find out) last week, and I was finally forced to do something.

I had wanted another F150, but after talking to family members I just couldn't justify it. When my $42,000 F150 is worth $6,000 trade (with a good engine), and my step fathers 2005 $26,000 Tacoma is still worth $12,500 trade (same mileage-113k- and condition)- it made no sense to buy another Ford. Nevermind the problems I had with hit.

Anyways, I bought a 2013 Small V8 Doublecab, Pyrite Mica, Tow Package, Convenience Package with Buckets, and I had it Line-X'd before delivery. Its my first new truck, and other than my payment, I'm happy I finally bit the bullet.

Cheers!:beerchug:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! Congrats and :welcome:

I assume you used to participate on the ford forums? If so, how many times have you seen former tundra owners get themselves into an F-150? I'd guess 0, but just curious.

You've got yourself a fine truck, should last a long time with minimal issues :thumbsup:
Thanks.

I only participated on the ford forums when I had problems with the truck, so I was quite active. I don't recall many Tundra guys switching over, but I never paid to much attention.

I'm excited to have a truck I know I can finally depend on.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I assume you used to participate on the ford forums? If so, how many times have you seen former tundra owners get themselves into an F-150? I'd guess 0, but just curious.
Yeah few and far between.. one or two or so in a 6 month period I'd guesstimate. I lurk (and/or troll) truck forums for all brands... You actually see more former Tundra owners switching to Rams.

Usually the reason is that the Tundra has remained pretty stagnant as a product since 2007 while in that time some competitors' products have already had a few refreshes since. It comes down to whether you believe in 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' or whether your motto is 'if it ain't broke, you ain't tryin' hard enough!' and I side with the latter... technology needs to be challenged regularly, that's how we create progress.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking good. Congrats on your new Tundra.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looks good! Congrats and :welcome:

You've got yourself a fine truck, should last a long time with minimal issues :thumbsup:
This guy went Tundra to F150 :)

Goodbye Tundra, I will miss you!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
congrats on your purchase, and welcome to TT from wa state, haha i'm a ram convert, although i never had problems like a lot of people did with dodge, the tundra in my mind is far superior, and a work of art. Im sure toyota has something up there sleeves, just a matter of time before we see it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Very nice! Congrats on the new truck. I hope you have some money set aside for mods...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to TundraTalk !

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Tundra owners switch to Ram? :yikes: :banghead:

Jesus...if you have to switch to something, why the hell would you switch to the absolute worst, most historically trouble ridden truck :dunno:

If I ever had to switch, it would probably be ford.

IMO, the only reason to even gamble with dodge, or ram, or whatever the hell they are called these days, is if you are doing leases every 3 years, or are trading every 3 years and don't mind pissing away losses so you can have the freshest, newest thing.

I know people who have traded up, with negative equity, every couple years or so. Kinda sad actually, to have a $750/month Jetta payment :lol:
Yeah. Well whatever it's your money you can buy whatever you want right? It's great that product options are out there. Literally 7 of my friends went out and bought Rams either this year or in the latter part of last year. I don't see the appeal or why everyone is jumping ship, but then again I think it is a pretty nice vehicle too. But we all like to change vehicles every so often, there's no fun in driving the same thing forever, so we don't care about way long term longevity. Yeah people just want the freshest, newest thing, regardless of track record or whether it's a smart financial decision or whatever. But if you like something, you'll find a way to make it work. Heck for many of us on here (and other truck forums) we spend large amounts of money on bolt-on things that we don't really absolutely NEED but it looks cool and works good and we find a way to make it work out. Meanwhile an appliance-car owner might look at that and think 'don't you have better things to invest your money in?' and that kind of stuff is tough to explain to someone who doesn't "get it" ... I don't "get" why people pay thousands of dollars for dining room tableware either (like, dishes and stuff) but apparently people do and apparently there is a market for that kind of stuff, I think the $0.99 specials work just fine, but I look at myself and realize that I just spent $400 on literal pieces of plastic called fender flares for my truck.

An individual's personal experience, whether good or bad, with any particular product will help form their opinions. I know a guy who bought a 1985 Power Ram W250 brand new, has the original bill of sale to prove it, and STILL daily drives it to this very day and hasn't considered any other vehicle since since it's worked flawlessly for him with no unscheduled maintenance work needed. For me that's ridiculous, if the truck isn't tired of me yet *I* am going to be tired of it! But sometimes you get really lucky like that, so if you go and tell him that Chrysler makes the most unreliable, worst piece of scrap metal out there he'll just shake his head at you. On the other hand you may have had bad personal experiences with a Chrysler product so you might agree with a comment like that. You'll see this repeated over and over when you talk to people about their vehicles or as you participate on truck enthusiast forums. (And then you have the people who have bad luck with vehicles period, regardless of make or model.)

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome - I too just switched from a F-150 to pretty much the same truck as yours, only in red. Love it so far. How did the Linex job come out? Been thinking about it but no sure its worth the $500.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts