Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Too many issues for a new truck.
Same here when I had a new 2014 Silverado for 3 1/2 months. GM's pat answer for an issue is "that's normal".

Some of the kool-aid drinkers on the GMC/Chevy truck sites just cannot fathom trouble in paradise when so much has been plagued these new first model year Sierra/Silverado trucks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
just out of curiosity, how big of a hit did you take on the trade?

Reactions: theoat

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Your new truck is my truck's twin! So I know you'll love it! Congratulations

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow first off welcome to the forums, you will find a lot of great information here.
Over the last couple of months I have been debating buying a GM truck. I am also very close to buying my first Toyota

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nothing made by man ever is perfect. That being said, there is a reason the Tundra rates on most quality surveys at the top and that is a law of averages in the Tundra's favor.
Not stating that as a bad thing. I looked at the Ford, Chevy (GMC), Nissan, Dodge and ended up purchasing my Tundra. Minus the few flaws/issues I am dealing with I FREAKING love the truck and happy with my choice. Even with the set backs I dealing with, I would have done it the same all over again and dealt with the issues again (hopefully they get fixed though, that would make me much more happy :) ).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What were your reasons for trading the GMC?
1. vibration at hwy speed
2. driver's seat movement when cornering
3. noise from rear suspension
4. AFM cylinder deactivation (looking for gears)
5. sounds like a car, and didn't feel like 355hp

·
Registered
44 Posts
interested to see how big of a hit the OP took on the trade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow first off welcome to the forums, you will find a lot of great information here.
Over the last couple of months I have been debating buying a GM truck. I am also very close to buying my first Toyota
Go to GM-trucks.com and read the sub forum they had to create for all of the problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,609 Posts
Go to GM-trucks.com and read the sub forum they had to create for all of the problems.
I did, and they are having lots o problems. Funny thing is on the first page alone, there were 2 threads (one by the OP) about dumping the truck and getting a Tundra. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
guess I am glad i didn't go with that 2014 denali

1 - 20 of 67 Posts