Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is normal and maybe it is catching a slight loss of traction as I put the hammer down when passing, but I didn't think it would be able to do it at 60mph. I've seen the traction control light kick on for a second and then back to normal. Couple this with the hesitation I think is probably normal for the Tundra when needing to downshift sometimes and it's made me a little paranoid something is going wrong.

Anyone notice you can kick the traction control on when giving it hell at 60? (no weight in bed and mine is a long bed at that so even less weight over the rear tires). Probably nothing, and no warning lights have come on to indication anything is going wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Not sure if this is normal and maybe it is catching a slight loss of traction as I put the hammer down when passing, but I didn't think it would be able to do it at 60mph. I've seen the traction control light kick on for a second and then back to normal. Couple this with the hesitation I think is probably normal for the Tundra when needing to downshift sometimes and it's made me a little paranoid something is going wrong.

Anyone notice you can kick the traction control on when giving it hell at 60? (no weight in bed and mine is a long bed at that so even less weight over the rear tires). Probably nothing, and no warning lights have come on to indication anything is going wrong.
Nannies:grrr:, gotta turn 'em off. On my 2010, I hold down the Traction Control button one time till light stays on,let-up and another time till the next light stays on. Later years are different, when you tell us the year truck you have, others will chime in with the "de-nannie" procedure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nannies:grrr:, gotta turn 'em off. On my 2010, I hold down the Traction Control button one time till light stays on,let-up and another time till the next light stays on. Later years are different, when you tell us the year truck you have, others will chime in with the "de-nannie" procedure.
It's a 2016 SR long bed double cab...

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
It's a 2016 SR long bed double cab...
My Owner's Manual explains what to do. If you have yours, give it a look. If not, there'll be others here who have 3rd Gens and will tell you if anything's different on your 2016. Or, just do a search on the Web about 'Traction Control on 2016 Tundra', it'll come up there too.

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
I can cause that issue on my 2017, and was also able to do on my 2010. I just turn the nannies to stage two of off before I drive anywhere.

Also if you have had an alignment without a steering calibration, or leveled the truck, and have not had a zpc done, this can cause the issue more often.

·
Registered
236 Posts

Not on dry pavement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not on dry pavement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hasn't done it since. I think I may have hit something on the surface of the road that one time and I may have swerved out hard at the same time it was shifting so it would have really made the weight over the inside tire lighter in hindsight. I've tried to make it do it since, but no luck. I can make it do it on wet pavement. This thing is all gears (4:33) coupled with a lot of HP and torque and no weight in a long bed, doesn't seem like it's out of the realm of possibility. So... as long as it doesn't do that again, I'm gonna leave the Tundra do its thing.:rockon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts