Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My traction control kicks in fairly quick- long sweeping turns, freeway off ramps when going above 35 mph etc. Curious because I didn't have this problem with my old truck, and I'm wondering if it has to do with the extra weight or the different rear suspension parts? Do you guys think I need to add the coach shackles to deal with the heavier bed parts?

Current- 08 Crewmax 4x4, 5100's all around/highest setting up front, TRD rear sway bar, sequoia front sway bar, icon add a leaf, roll n lock bed cover and line x bed liner.

Old- 08 Crewmax TRD off road 4x4, 5100's all around/highest setting up front, TRD rear sway bar, coachbuilder shackles (+2?), bakflip bed cover.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My traction control kicks in fairly quick- long sweeping turns, freeway off ramps when going above 35 mph etc. Curious because I didn't have this problem with my old truck, and I'm wondering if it has to do with the extra weight or the different rear suspension parts? Do you guys think I need to add the coach shackles to deal with the heavier bed parts?

Current- 08 Crewmax 4x4, 5100's all around/highest setting up front, TRD rear sway bar, sequoia front sway bar, icon add a leaf, roll n lock bed cover and line x bed liner.

Old- 08 Crewmax TRD off road 4x4, 5100's all around/highest setting up front, TRD rear sway bar, coachbuilder shackles (+2?), bakflip bed cover.
Have you done the zero point calibration? I think that is the issue

Reactions: Dragos28

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Sorry for the newb question- is the zero point calibration the same as an alignment at factory settings?
No, the alignment portion strictly involves the front end adjustment on our trucks.. What he is referring to with the zero point calibration, is basically resetting the yaw sensor to its new neutral position... Your truck from factory had a small nose down stance, lets say a few degrees, that's just a guess.. Now, you leveled it or you actually might be nose high.. The yaw sensor essentially is a nanny and determines the current "stability" of the truck, if it senses something off, it kicks the traction control on..

Do a search on here, I know you can do the zero point calibration with TIS, thats how I did it.. But I believe there is also a way to do it by jumping pins on the OBD2 connector..

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I had an appt to do the zero point calibration this week, but an interesting thing happened- I added the Toytec shackles at the 1" setting and the traction control has gone back to normal! No more activation at the slightest turn...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.