Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traction control (nannies) that automatically turn completely off when I start the truck without having to hold the button down twice, and turn on when I push the button!! Time to burn some rubber! ??

https://youtu.be/VcMZGO_qqYU

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looks like he just has the circuit timers or whatever they're called, it shows him still being able to use the button to control the nannies.

For the "older" trucks (G2, I can't imagine the G3 is any different though), you can unplug the steering angle sensor and the VSC will error out and shut off. But then you don't get functionality of the system at all, and you have to plug it back in to turn it back on. If I remember correctly, that plug is pretty close to some airbag related stuff under the dash, so anyone that wants to try it out, just be careful.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 1st gen and am wondering if that steering angle plug is unplugged on my truck. Tried to reset the lights with the pins on the obd connector but then the lights come back on after a second of startup

·
Registered
132 Posts
Many ways to do this......I'm too lazy I can press the button thats already there a couple times:)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Are you selling these?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just did mine yesterday with the PAC TR12 as well. I am SC'd and this is how I roll everyday, as silly as it seems it really nice not to have to push buttons anymore.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts