Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,506 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
I heard traction bars are not that great for your leaf springs because they move in a circular motion from the pivot point and your leafs want to move the axle straight up and down. Is there a better option for wheel hop? such as adding shackles and putting a smaller block in or getting a set of full length leafs. Im pretty sure I started a thread a while back on this issue. I don't mean to hijack your thread but I never really got a straight answer back then.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard traction bars are not that great for your leaf springs because they move in a circular motion from the pivot point and your leafs want to move the axle straight up and down. Is there a better option for wheel hop? such as adding shackles and putting a smaller block in or getting a set of full length leafs. Im pretty sure I started a thread a while back on this issue. I don't mean to hijack your thread but I never really got a straight answer back then.
Well I can definitely see where your coming from there, if from the front of the springs to the axle has a curve that will straighten out as it is compressed then I guess a traction bar would not allow this and all would be absorbed from axle to the shackle, just about to put a set of coaches shackles in so see how it works out.
Hopefully we get some experts chime in and get some options goin here
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.