Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
First post here. I have been a Tundra owner since 2002. I now own a 2014 and very much love the new gen.
I have a question for everyone.
My wheel sensors rusted and got destroyed by a tire dealer. Can I use the sensors out of a 2006 Toyota Corolla?
What do I need to look for on the sensor?

Thanks

· Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I don't know but someone in here will.
And welcome to the forum.
You'll need to go to the New Member area and post an introduction.

· Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi everyone
First post here. I have been a Tundra owner since 2002. I now own a 2014 and very much love the new gen.
I have a question for everyone.
My wheel sensors rusted and got destroyed by a tire dealer. Can I use the sensors out of a 2006 Toyota Corolla?
What do I need to look for on the sensor?

Thanks
I would just order ones for the Tundra...prices aren't that bad online. They are programmed to the truck by the serial number that is on them. It is done with the Techstream software. Many of us have the software and cable...you may find someone on the forum that is local to you and will help you out. Just remember to take pictures of each sensors serial numbers and what position they are located in before they are installed. The other option is get them installed and then see if the Toyota dealer will program for free...they have a handheld scanner.

· Premium Member
3,993 Posts
I've read that the lifespan of the Toyota TPMS units are around 10 years, so 2006 would be pushing it.

I like @Tundra234 's advice.
Just buy new ones and be good for another 10+ years.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read that the lifespan of the Toyota TPMS units are around 10 years, so 2006 would be pushing it.

I like @Tundra234 's advice.
Just buy new ones and be good for another 10+ years.
Life span of mine was only 3 years. And they were on the winter tires and rims.
What crap are they selling now. Only 50 k on my truck. 2 of the sensors staring leaking at valve then trying to fix the leak they got destroyed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.