Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I knew where the Module was in the FJC- that fix was to cut a wire and make it go away. Where is the module in the Tundra? Ill pull it out of there to see what the difference is!
If you find it and pull it, take a picture and I'll try it when I take my dash apart next week. We are in the middle of a blizzard here on LI, so it won't happen today.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
There is definitely an electrical fix to this. When you figure it out, please share with the rest of us.
By law, it was designed to not be a programming option

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Whats preventing you guys from having the sensors installed in your new wheels? I'm running my stock sensors in my after market wheels with no problem at all. As long as you had aluminum wheels to begin with... they fit in the new wheels as if they were stock. Maybe I'm missing the point here???

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Whats preventing you guys from having the sensors installed in your new wheels? I'm running my stock sensors in my after market wheels with no problem at all. As long as you had aluminum wheels to begin with... they fit in the new wheels as if they were stock. Maybe I'm missing the point here???
Amen brother

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Nasty... glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was crazy for a second there. haha... I'm seriously reading this thread thinking WTF?! If you have aluminum wheels, switch the sensors... if you had stock steel wheels... buy new sensor for a couple hundred bucks and this won't be an issue and you'll have your TPMS system working the way it should.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I had some i did for the lot in the past and i put the Styled Steel sensors in A/M wheels, not a perfect fit but they still worked

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Nasty... glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was crazy for a second there. haha... I'm seriously reading this thread thinking WTF?! If you have aluminum wheels, switch the sensors... if you had stock steel wheels... buy new sensor for a couple hundred bucks and this won't be an issue and you'll have your TPMS system working the way it should.
This thread is for people that have the problem and don't want to spend the money on new sensors.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Well... I guess those people exist. But I personally wouldn't put aftermarket wheels on my trruck if I didn't wanna buck up the extra cash to do it the correct way.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
A round of sensors on C_Litt. Thanks buddy!!

Actually I do agree that with big tires, tundras should run the tpms. Since many of us live in snow country, changing wheels twice a year does add up. A recurring expense that could be used elsewhere. Other feel they can check it themselves. They may be the type to tape over their low fuel warning light too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys, I'm about to get some aftermarket alloys as my summer wheels. If I bought a second set of TPMS sensors for them, would I have to take each set of wheels to the dealer in the spring and fall to pair them with the truck, or will they be good to go after being "paired" once? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Hey guys, I'm about to get some aftermarket alloys as my summer wheels. If I bought a second set of TPMS sensors for them, would I have to take each set of wheels to the dealer in the spring and fall to pair them with the truck, or will they be good to go after being "paired" once? Thanks guys!
You will have to bring the new set to the dealer once. Then you will be all set. But it is going to cost you over $100 besides the programming

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will have to bring the new set to the dealer once. Then you will be all set. But it is going to cost you over $100 besides the programming
What do you mean by "besides the programming"? Roughly what will this cost me total (inlcude the cost of new sensors)?

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
No way to give you prices on sensors, it depends on what you get, oem, used, aftermarket, bands, and other variables.
I'm just saying you buy the sensors, you pay a programming fee once, you get the other item and are willing to do the few minutes labor and you are good to go.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I might have missed this with all the points that have been made in this thread but, is there a pressure range for the tpms that come with the Tundra? I only ask because I just put 10ply tires on and the day after my tpms light came on (flashes for 1 min. then on steady which means the system is malfuntioning).

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts
I might have missed this with all the points that have been made in this thread but, is there a pressure range for the tpms that come with the Tundra? I only ask because I just put 10ply tires on and the day after my tpms light came on (flashes for 1 min. then on steady which means the system is malfuntioning).
Maybe the shop damaged on of your sensors? Happened to me twice :banghead:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Flashing light is no communication, broken sensor

21 - 40 of 144 Posts