Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a new 32 ft TT (5800 dry weight) this week. Have read many people saying that you should air up to max psi, per sidewall, while towing. Right now I'm at factory and tire recommended psi. If I run max psi while towing, will this conflict, or cause problems, with my TPMS in any way?

·
Registered
232 Posts
No it will not. I do it all the time when I tow. I then reduce the pressure back down when I am done with my trip.

By the way what TT did you get, and congrats!!!!

Reactions: firerescue4

·
Registered
383 Posts
I run my tires at 40 PSI year round whether I'm towing or not. My tires last longer and I get better mileage. With this Tundra I need to squeeze every mile out of it I can.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Purchased a 2014 Jayco White Hawk 28dsbh. Ordered it April 11. We liked the floor plan with the super slide, full sized bunks for the kids, separate entry door for the bathroom, most manufacturers make a similar floor plan. Our challenge was to find the floor plan and still be comfortably within our weight ratings while staying with a reputable manufacturer. 5800 is the shipped from factory weight with full lp tanks. Advertised dry weight is 5200. Moving up from a pop up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think we all stated out in pop-up's, I know I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts