Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To all considering a lifted Tundra, here's my review.

I just finished installation of ToyTec's Ultimate Lift, for the 07' to 13' Tundra 4x4 DC. I opted for the Add A Leaf rear end rather than spacer blocks due to regular towing.

My Tundra is a 2013 DC 4x4, xsp-X (Southeast Toyota package only) and I was sorely disappointed with the handling of this truck as compared to the 2008 4x4 TRD Offroad package Tundra I previously owned.

I debated the cheap lift option (leveling spacers which I had on my 08' Tundra) but ultimately opted for ToyTec's Billstein 5100 series shocks all around with the Eibach/Billstein adjustable Coilovers upfront. WOW!!! The xsp-X package is nothing more than a stock SR5 with a "lipstick package" to make it look pretty, but the suspension is totally stock and very soft and squishy! If you actually take your Tundra off paved roads or tow anything, you don't want the base SR5 suspension. The TRD Offroad with Billsteins and heavier duty coils is a big improvement over the base, but now that I've driven all 3 variants, I swear by the ToyTec Ultimate Lift.

I got 3" of front lift and 1.5" of rear (with the AAL) and my truck rides like a completely different vehicle not to mention it looks AWESOME! On road, my handling is secure, firm but not overbearing, and towing a 6,000 lb boat is a confident and secure ordeal with no dipping in turns or front end lifting. Off road, the Billstein 5100s can really handle the washboards, bumps and ruts that otherwise made me cringe with the base SR5 suspension.

I paid $1,200 for my kit and I honestly think it is worth every penny. If you ask for Chris at ToyTec, he is very knowledgeable and helpful. He even refunded money off my order for shipping damages that were Fed Ex's fault. I had a great experience with ToyTec and I highly recommend them and their product.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sweet truck man!

·
Registered
6 Posts
What size tires are you running on this setup? I'm looking at the ToyTec OME kit or this one. Hard to decide and the $500 difference doesn't help. Just want to do it right the first time. I do a good bit of trail riding and off-roading, nothing extreme just enjoy the outdoors. What made you chose this over the OME kit for $699?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
love my ultimate kit. way better then stock.

Reactions: Madera38

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Man... I'm so glad to see this. I'm going to be ordering this kit soon for my crewmax, but instead of using the aal or blocks, ill be going with +3 coachbuilder shackles and poly bushings. Do you know what the spring rate is on the coilovers? Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks awesome. Nice to know about the elimated nose dive. I'm not a fan of that either. I can't wait to level mine but all these choices I'm reading about is going to drive me nuts

·
Registered
76 Posts
To all considering a lifted Tundra, here's my review.

I just finished installation of ToyTec's Ultimate Lift, for the 07' to 13' Tundra 4x4 DC. I opted for the Add A Leaf rear end rather than spacer blocks due to regular towing.

My Tundra is a 2013 DC 4x4, xsp-X (Southeast Toyota package only) and I was sorely disappointed with the handling of this truck as compared to the 2008 4x4 TRD Offroad package Tundra I previously owned.

I debated the cheap lift option (leveling spacers which I had on my 08' Tundra) but ultimately opted for ToyTec's Billstein 5100 series shocks all around with the Eibach/Billstein adjustable Coilovers upfront. WOW!!! The xsp-X package is nothing more than a stock SR5 with a "lipstick package" to make it look pretty, but the suspension is totally stock and very soft and squishy! If you actually take your Tundra off paved roads or tow anything, you don't want the base SR5 suspension. The TRD Offroad with Billsteins and heavier duty coils is a big improvement over the base, but now that I've driven all 3 variants, I swear by the ToyTec Ultimate Lift.

I got 3" of front lift and 1.5" of rear (with the AAL) and my truck rides like a completely different vehicle not to mention it looks AWESOME! On road, my handling is secure, firm but not overbearing, and towing a 6,000 lb boat is a confident and secure ordeal with no dipping in turns or front end lifting. Off road, the Billstein 5100s can really handle the washboards, bumps and ruts that otherwise made me cringe with the base SR5 suspension.

I paid $1,200 for my kit and I honestly think it is worth every penny. If you ask for Chris at ToyTec, he is very knowledgeable and helpful. He even refunded money off my order for shipping damages that were Fed Ex's fault. I had a great experience with ToyTec and I highly recommend them and their product.
What's your wheel/tire combo? Love the look you got going on your truck.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Looking great. Were you able to align your truck or are you planning to get a set of UCA?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts