Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
What are the components of this lift?
Complete lift for '07 & Up Tundra - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

Get to choose between 612, 613 or 614 coils for the front, whether you want a differential drop (highly recommended if you have a 4x4), and a few different options for the rear. You can also opt to buy UCA's!

I bought my 612 coils from Toytec, haven't had them installed yet, having some trouble finding someone to install :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wasn't happy with Toytec's solution for the lowering of the splash shield. It now required me to use a 12mm and 13mm socket to get the pan off. They didn't use flanged bolts (big peeve of mine) especially in that type of location. It adds to the chance of cross threading. And finally, I did not like having to grab for those spacers to keep them from rolling away.

So, here was my $10 solution:

3x 50mm studs (use a drop of red Loctite)
3x Flanged Nuts
3x Lock washers
6x regular nuts
2x 13mm flanged bolts

In the pictures are the stud mounted and a comparison of the Toytec hardware (LT) vs my preferred hardware (RT). Everything lines up great. Easy on and off if one 13mm socket. I also have half the parts to worry about rolling away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I need the real scoop. I am looking to purchase the "light" OME suspension for my 2013 TRD, but want to make sure it will not be wasted $. What does it ride like on the street compared to the stock suspension? How about on gravel, washboard roads? I find the truck jumps around a bit on rough roads, and want to smooth it out a bit. I do not intend to go bigger than my road warrior size tires (285 70R16), just want a smoother ride. I am on the fence, either an OME suspension, or a dual TRD exhaust, and cold air intake. If you had to redo, would you still put an OME suspension on your Tundra, or go with the TRD exhaust?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, I need the real scoop. I am looking to purchase the "light" OME suspension for my 2013 TRD, but want to make sure it will not be wasted $. What does it ride like on the street compared to the stock suspension? How about on gravel, washboard roads? I find the truck jumps around a bit on rough roads, and want to smooth it out a bit. I do not intend to go bigger than my road warrior size tires (285 70R16), just want a smoother ride. I am on the fence, either an OME suspension, or a dual TRD exhaust, and cold air intake. If you had to redo, would you still put an OME suspension on your Tundra, or go with the TRD exhaust?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Binkmann, If you dont plan on adding anything to the front such as a bumper or if you dont tow alot, then the light is fine. I got the medium which would allow me to add a front bumper down the road so long as its not a full bumper replacement. I also tow a heavy boat regularly and I like having a slightly forward rake on my truck so I also got the full rear leaf spring kit so that it does not have that sag look when its fully loaded. I have had my OME full lift for 2 years and it rides amazing. I commonly go offroad and on various terrain and it holds up very well. The ride is a bit stiff but i like having that feel of a truck and not a comfortable cushy sedan. I wouldnt go back and change anything. I run the NITTO trailer grapplers in 275/70/R18 and they fit perfectly and look amazing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I often tow a 6500 lb boat, and a 5500 lb trailer. Each has a tongue weight of about 500 lbs and there is a noticeable sag. I mostly want improved road manners. I don't mind stiff, but hate it when the rear jumps around on rough roads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the ultimate lift kit but i purchased it 3 years ago. has the 5100s all around with elka spings up front and thread adjustment.
i went with the 1.5 inch block out back. i switched my rear blocks for coachbuilder drop shackles afterwords and it made the world of difference outback, the wife even noticed a big difference!. coach also includes a spacer drop of the rear drive shaft.
i left the front shocks at the 2.5 inch they came at but with the coachbuilder shackles i lost my rake and the truck is pretty much dead level
overall i'm happy with the set up and would do it again. i'm running 13x33.3 toyo open countrys i can't remember my rim offset.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts