Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the coilovers on with 1 shim. Of course there is rub on the body mount and front plastic, already trimmed rear plastic. I plan on doing the BMC, but I do have two more shims I could add, will the shims buy me anything as far as clearance and if so how much? (295/65R20 Toyo MTs +25 20x9 XD Bucks)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nothing you do short of a drop-bracket lift is going to raise it enough to matter. When you hit a bump while turning you are still going to rub.

You can drill new holes for the front plastic to gain some clearance, but in the back you will need the BMC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply. First Toyota, first lift ever so lots of learning curves. I do enjoy the coilovers it rides like a dream, but maybe I chose to big of tires. I will definitely do the body mount chop. Just wasn't sure if I'd gain anything from having two shims instead of just the one. I've seen where others have done that, just not sure whats to gain.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ya, those tires are 35.4" which makes them bigger than most "35"s which are typically ~34.6". Still, a few people have 37s on that lift, so it can be done. Make your BMC pretty aggressive and get as much forward space as you can.

The shims are for getting more lift and evening things out without increasing the spring preload. It isn't a good idea to use them if you're offroading because they make the strut longer and will result in excessive droop if your struts are already longer than stock. And I'm pretty sure the Toytecs are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.