Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
@nags have you had a chance to install? What do you think? Any pics of light output? Which reverse lights did you get?
I did the bed lights but not the reverse lights yet. Had to order a torx tip for them and it hasn't come yet. I got the brightest ones they make for the reverse.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
I did the bed lights but not the reverse lights yet. Had to order a torx tip for them and it hasn't come yet. I got the brightest ones they make for the reverse.

What is the verdict? You happy with them??

·
Registered
684 Posts
What is the verdict? You happy with them??
The reverse lights are awesome. Super bright for sure.

The bed lights, while I have no complaints, are no brighter and there's no discernible difference between them and the super cheap Amazon bulbs that I've had in there for years. I would have got the same ones for the bed as the reverse but earlier in the thread they said that it's not recommended.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
The XP50's are not recommended for extended use applications

The HP36 is a better selection for cargo light applications and provides plenty of output for that application.

Nick C.
So, "the XP50's are not recommended for extended use application." This is certainly relative in terms of time. Let's say, I leave my back-up lights on while I'm hooking up my camper. Any risk of melting something? How long before I need to be concerned?

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So, "the XP50's are not recommended for extended use application." This is certainly relative in terms of time. Let's say, I leave my back-up lights on while I'm hooking up my camper. Any risk of melting something? How long before I need to be concerned?
There's absolutely no risk of damage to your vehicle or tail light housings. They do not generate as much heat as the factory incandescent bulbs, and will be helpful when hooking up your camper.

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I like em a lot.

It's important to note the AUTO exposure function of any camera is to find the most accurate exposure. If light is low, it can adjust ISO, shutter speed and aperture to get more light in an effort to make the image look properly exposed. So, when comparing light or brightness, or illumination, from one source to another, it is absolutely necessary to put the camera in manual exposure mode. Some phone don't have this option but mine does. Both the before and after pictures are taken with the same manual exposure settings. I am pleased with the back-up bulbs and will be buying others soon.
20170522_210413.jpg 20170523_205856.jpg

Don't forget to send us pictures with your Diode Dynamics' products installed!

[email protected]

We appreciate it!

Nick C.

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Bulb dimensions are being added to our listings to help customers confirm fitment for unique applications.

(921 HP36 Reverse light LED shown)

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Folks,
I hate to do this, but I had a bad experience with their product.
I purchased: Back-Up, Brake, 3rd Brake Light
After a few months with them installed.
Last week while just doing some driving at night I was I flagged by a another vehicle and said "you have no brake lights" I was shocked, then I was pissed as I had my kids in the car.
I pulled over and sure enough no brakes light.
I then kept going with caution and made it home.
The next day I took it to the dealer...I told them what Mods I did.
$157.00 Later for diagnose and the price of bulbs.
They replaced all LED with OEM and I had brakes again.
As it turns out the left one went bad and stopped both from working, here is where I didn't like it, if you have OEM and one bulb goes bad, the other still gets you home.
I have spent $$$$$ on adding the best, but Im sorry this I don't trust, even if they make it good, I don't trust it.

Be Safe

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hello Folks,
I hate to do this, but I had a bad experience with their product.
I purchased: Back-Up, Brake, 3rd Brake Light
After a few months with them installed.
Last week while just doing some driving at night I was I flagged by a another vehicle and said "you have no brake lights" I was shocked, then I was pissed as I had my kids in the car.
I pulled over and sure enough no brakes light.
I then kept going with caution and made it home.
The next day I took it to the dealer...I told them what Mods I did.
$157.00 Later for diagnose and the price of bulbs.
They replaced all LED with OEM and I had brakes again.
As it turns out the left one went bad and stopped both from working, here is where I didn't like it, if you have OEM and one bulb goes bad, the other still gets you home.
I have spent $$$$$ on adding the best, but Im sorry this I don't trust, even if they make it good, I don't trust it.

Be Safe
Hello,

On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for the situation you experienced. It's extremely unusual for one bulb to go out, let alone two at the same time. To be honest, I've never heard of this occurring before on any Toyota, but we would like to document it and make sure you are taken care of.

Would you mind contacting us with your order number and more information? [email protected]

The only thing I can think of that would cause both bulbs to go out at the same time would be blowing a fuse or something along those lines.

I completely understand your frustration, but we want to make sure you are taken care of and it's not just the dealership charging $157 to ring up a tab.

Nick C.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts