Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I own a 2012 Platinum Sequoia (wife's truck). I'm installing a remote start for her and am trying to locate a blue wire at Pin 19 of the 66 Pin white plug at the dash fuse box. This wire is supposed to be for the mirror defroster. All of the blue wires I have tested did not ground out when I turned on the defroster. I noticed a change on the meter when I tested one wire, but it did not ground out. I'll post a pic of the area later tonight.

If anyone has a picture or diagram that shows how to count to Pin 19 or knows of a a better way to test or locate this wire I'd appreciate it! :)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Are using the meter on the impedance (ohms) setting, with one lead on the wire and other to ground? If so try using the voltage setting and connect the red probe to 12V and the black to the wire you are testing. If you activate the defroster and the meter goes to 12V that should be the right one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Test Meter

Are using the meter on the impedance (ohms) setting, with one lead on the wire and other to ground? If so try using the voltage setting and connect the red probe to 12V and the black to the wire you are testing. If you activate the defroster and the meter goes to 12V that should be the right one.
Thanks. I have my meter set at 20v and connected the black lead to ground and red test lead to the wire I was testing. Once connected, I activated the defroster and was looking for the meter to show 0.0v. I will test the way you recommended and post back with results.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Usually there are numbers at least at the first and last positions stamped on the plug. But even if you find one that is in position 19, be sure and test it before connecting.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks. I have my meter set at 20v and connected the black lead to ground and red test lead to the wire I was testing. Once connected, I activated the defroster and was looking for the meter to show 0.0v. I will test the way you recommended and post back with results.
You need to test with one probe to 12 volts and test with the other, the only way your going to get a reading the way you are testing is if the defroster rests at 12v when off and that is not the case.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts