Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I worked at the dealer we had a huge box of new take-off nuts in the back for when we installed locking nuts. Since we had master sets for the locking key those cars there was no point. Knowing that when I called the local Toyota dealer I asked for the price for take-off nuts. "I don't need new ones. What do you charge for take-off nuts from the garage stockpile?" They charged me a buck each.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got my TRD wheels installed and the local tire shop said it was easier to just install the tpms sensors backward than to program a new set of sensors.
Your local tire shop is indeed giving you bad advice. I am guessing you have to do this because you have the full face silver wheel with the 40 degree TPMS. That is the only wheel in the entire Tundra line up that has the 40 degree sensor and they won't work with aluminum wheels so many people just flip them around.

Problem with that is they will break easily like that next time the tire is removed if the tire tech is unaware of them being like that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Based on what I've read on the Forum, I WILL be able to use my TPMS from the multi-holed "no-style" steel wheels in the new alloy wheels. These "no-style" steel wheels should have the same the 20 degree angle that the alloys need. The styled steel wheels use a 40 degree angle TPMS.
This is correct.

The "no style" silver steel wheels which are officially called "Standard Steel" wheels do use the 20 degree TPMS and can be used on pretty much any aluminum wheel. This wheel is no longer offered in the Tundra line up though. Basically it is the same wheel as the spare wheel but just painted silver.

The other wheel you speak of, "styled steel" steel wheels (aka full face) do use the 40 degree TPMS and is the ONLY wheel that uses this type of TPMS. That TPMS will pretty much not work with any other wheel. Also, this wheel has been offered on the Tundra since 2007 and still is.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.