Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting in the dealership now. I was backing out of a parking spot and the power steering was going in and out for about 15 seconds. Then it went completely out. I wrestled with the steering wheel and got it back on the road and drove strait into the dealership.

The tech and I looked under the truck and it had spewed all of the power steering fluid all over the drivers side of the engine bay/front fender area. I've had 3 techs look at it and say, "That's a first for me. Especially on a newer Tundra."

Still not sure exactly what part failed, but I'm hoping it is still covered by warranty, even though I have a lift and 34.5" tires.

Any of you guys ever heard of this? Thoughts on warranty coverage?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i lost mine at 1500 miles.. shit happens.. i've got over 16k on it now with no issues

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
My power steering went out on my 2013 a few days ago aswell. It was the pump for me though and I'm sure going offroading didn't help it to much haha. Everything was completely covered under warranty though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i lost mine at 1500 miles.. shit happens.. i've got over 16k on it now with no issues
Was your level kit installed when the rack failed? Warranty cover it?

Do you drive differently now (don't turn the wheel to full lock or anything else)?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My power steering went out on my 2013 a few days ago aswell. It was the pump for me though and I'm sure going offroading didn't help it to much haha. Everything was completely covered under warranty though.
Are you stock or lifted?

Reactions: rockstate45

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Was your level kit installed when the rack failed? Warranty cover it?

Do you drive differently now (don't turn the wheel to full lock or anything else)?
Yes it was all installed. They covered it. I drive normal. I tow every other weekend so lock to lock turns are near guaranteed.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Made in Japan > made in USA > made in China.

Enough said.
Didn't they start putting different racks, or different parts in the racks, or start using a different company to manufacture the racks sometime in 2009? (Which ended up in the 2010+ trucks? ) Wonder if the 07-09 racks were manned in Japan, and the later ones sourced from US or China :dunno: Sad indeed.

Its also sad that I have 100% confidence in our other vehicle....one that was actually engineered and built in Japan, then shipped to US on a boat :yikes:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts