Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here sign up for these surveys?

I signed up back in July of 2012 and have taken several surveys since.

I just took one this evening that finally, specifically, targeting the Tundra.
The questions they asked were VERY INTERESTING and got me thinking that cosmetic changes they are doing to the 2014s is just the start of potentially exciting S**T coming down the road for the Tundra. I guess some of us may have to think up new stuff to wish for or B*tch about.

So, anyone else take this survey?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you sign up?
IIRC, I believe I was asked to join the survey panel after I became a "Toyota Owner" here: Toyota Owners Official Web Site: Service Coupons, Owner's Manuals, Service Scheduling And More

Be advised that you have to take a certain number of surveys in a given time frame or I believe you are dropped from the panel. Past surveys covered the buying experience, service experience etc. Most surveys take 5-10 minutes and IIRC there are not a whole lot of them.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I filled mine out... They were asking interesting questions. Stuff like. Would you pay an additional 500 for 3k payload and 12k towing capacities... Then the same question but would you pay 1k for it. Mention the 5.5 ft bed a 6.0 ft, and a 6.5 on a crewmax and what would you purchase, etc....

·
Registered
65 Posts
They were really focusing on bed length too. I told them I would not be interested ina crewmax with a 6.5 foot bed. The truck is already long enough. That would just be crazy. lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I filled mine out... They were asking interesting questions. Stuff like. Would you pay an additional 500 for 3k payload and 12k towing capacities... Then the same question but would you pay 1k for it. Mention the 5.5 ft bed a 6.0 ft, and a 6.5 on a crewmax and what would you purchase, etc....
The questions about where you park your Tundra at home (driveway, garage,etc.) and at work (parking garage, lot, etc.) as well as handling, etc seem to indicate a wanting to understand how a bigger Tundra would impact a Tundra owner in the real world. This past winter I parked my Tundra DC (w/towing mirrors and Cap) in an underground parking garage in Philadelphia. Did not have a lot of room to spare but it fit without a problem.

The paying more ($500/$1K) for the increased payload(3K)/towing (12K) capacities is not big deal to those of use who need/want it IMHO. I do think it is fair that those wanting the increased capacities pay for them in the form of a package option instead of asking everyone to pay for them as standard equipment even if they are not needed/wanted. Make it a heavy duty package that people can get. The same goes for a CM with a 6.5' bed. Those that want a bigger bed can pay more for one. Don't make every CM with a 6.5' bed and force people to pay the price for the bigger bed they do not want.

The questions about tonneau covers and bed liners were also interesting. To me Toyota should sell them as accessories but NOT make them standard or package equipment. Owners have too many different needs and tastes for Toyota to try to satisfy. I pulled the plastic bed liner out of my Tundra a couple days after I bought it and later sold it. The ARE Cap and BedRug I installed fit my needs not some plastic drop in bed liner and flip top cover bed cover Toyota might want to shove down my throat.

BTW, I also took the opportunity to request an AFFORDABLE DIESEL Engine for the Tundra for those who want that option as well.

All in all an interesting survey. Hopefully, Toyota will indeed incorporate these changes along with engine/drive train improvements and new engine offerings in the next Tundra generation in a few years (ie 2016/17).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts