Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody. I haven't been here much since I sold my Tundra and got my sequoia but I know a lot of these issues are related between the 2 and there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Also, there isn't a sequoia forum as good as this one.

Got a letter from Toyota stating that my 2012 Toyota Sequoia could be repainted (until it's 10 years old) if I'm experiencing peeling paint with my pearl white. I do actually have the issue above the windshield and on the A-Pillar. Though I was going to have to address it myself. I had the dealer schedule me for an inspection at the local body shop (local dealer doesn't have a body shop) they have doing the corrections and they found peeling issues on every panel except the liftgate. I'm currently waiting for Toyota to approve the repaint but they are planning on stripping the entire vehicle except the gate and repainting the pearl white.

First issue is obviously I would like the liftgate painted as well to have a complete repaint. Is there any chance they might cover it as well for a good match? Should I even try? If they don't/won't, would you pay the extra out of pocket to have it done? I don't know the cost yet but I have asked.

Anyone with a Tundra been through this? I remember some older ones getting repainted for hazing white paint issues years ago.

I am having them fix a couple of other issues too...a long quarter panel indentation where I drug along a mailbox while backing out of a very dark driveway and the front bumper cover replaced from a parking lot ding. Total 1500 for my part. I thought it was reasonable.

Reactions: RIjon

·
Registered
13,762 Posts
At this point I would likely try to get them to cover the tailgate first, but would try to talk to the body shop first before the dealership. If it goes nowhere, might as well just pay to have it all match.

Reactions: Big Shasta
1 - 2 of 2 Posts