Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost/misplaced the key and remote for my Tundra. The key hangs on a key rack during the week. I'm pretty compulsive about where I put my keys, so I was surprised a month ago when I went to get my keys and in their place was the spare set for my wife's Highlander.

We looked high and low, checked winter clothing recently worn, all the usual suspects, and nothing. I finally got tired of using the spare without remote and bought a new key with remote (ouch).

This weekend when I returned from camp, the original key and remote are sitting on my spot at the table. My wife said she found them inside the washing machine. It's a front loader with a big rubber gasket/seal for the door. She said she found the keys inside the door seal.

So after riding around the washing machine for at least a month, I am happy to report the keys are very clean and the remote still works.

· Registered
152 Posts
I lost my spare about two years ago and I haven't been lucky enough to find them yet. I think they're somewhere in the garage, but I've cleaned it a few times... maybe I threw them out on accident?

Anyways I gave up looking, I bought a new set from Sparks, had the dealer cut the key, and programmed the fob and key with my Techstream.

Glad you guys were able to find yours!

Reactions: Wacked
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.