Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my card in the mail yesterday.
Class action lawsuit covers

Engine control module
Cruise switch
Gas pedal assembly
Stop lamp switch
Throttle body assembly.

At a minimum looks like the suit will cover these items three more years past settlement date BUT won't cover previous cost of repair.

My 06 tundra is in the vehicles listed.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It's just a cheap way for lawyers to get some quick bucks...

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Wait till they find out what parts they are suing isn't the right ones. The tranny is the key here for SUA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got mine too (last week i think) filed it in the trash...

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I will write them telling them they are barking up a wrong tree but who knows what they will do. Hopefully judge won't go their way. I know I had the SUA and what caused it. It isn't what they are suing about. I know when I replaced my tranny the SUA went away and couldn't be reproduced. Funny if it was what they are suing for it will still be doing it. Not to mention I'm over 150k miles so this doesn't help me or I can't get involved.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Sadly those things are pretty common to be replaced on most other makes. Lawyers just wanting to make money.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I got mine and ran it through the shredder. By the time the Lawyers get their fees you may get 5 bucks if lucky.
I dont believe there is a monetary settlement. It extends the warranty on some components.

We got one for the wife's 08 Lexus RX350, but nothing for the 07 Tundra (yet)

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Exactly^^^^^. I kept my wife's Prius one. She has 120k miles. Mine is over so need to keep it. I did send them an email. Just awaiting reply.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I haven't gotten anything yet, don't think, but what is SUA?

·
Registered
607 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts