Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get the wife a new (to her) car: and we're leaning towards a few Toyotas. I wasn't sure if any of you had any experience buying a certified pre-owned Toyota?

And did it have the option for a warranty extension? How much was it? And what did it add coverage-wise?

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
I bought the wife a certified 2013 Venza a couple of years ago. It was still under the 3/36 factory warranty so the certified warranty didn't add much. Being that it was new enough I was able to get the 7/100 Platinum Toyota warranty they usually try to sell you when you buy a new vehicle. As far as cost, they usually start around $1600, but you can negotiate that just like you do the price of the vehicle. For us, the finance guy (no longer with the dealer) tried to pull some typical bullshit and we walked on the deal. To keep our sale, they ended up throwing it in for free.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the wife a certified 2013 Venza a couple of years ago. It was still under the 3/36 factory warranty so the certified warranty didn't add much. Being that it was new enough I was able to get the 7/100 Platinum Toyota warranty they usually try to sell you when you buy a new vehicle. As far as cost, they usually start around $1600, but you can negotiate that just like you do the price of the vehicle. For us, the finance guy (no longer with the dealer) tried to pull some typical bullshit and we walked on the deal. To keep our sale, they ended up throwing it in for free.
Ah: That's helpful: I wonder if I can somehow haggle the 7/100 warranty into the price? Most of the vehicles I'm seeing that are certified though seem to have 40-60k miles on them so I'll definitely want at LEAST 100k of coverage.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
Ah: That's helpful: I wonder if I can somehow haggle the 7/100 warranty into the price? Most of the vehicles I'm seeing that are certified though seem to have 40-60k miles on them so I'll definitely want at LEAST 100k of coverage.

I think the vehicle has to still be under the 3/36 to purchase the platinum warranty from toyota. Ours had about 18,000.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Certified rate on a Highlander at least in our region is 2.9%. They also have .9% on new if you're able to swing it. Highlanders hold their value enough that it may be in your favor to go with new anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.