Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to dealer I bought my truck from. They can't sell me or install TRD supercharger on any Tundra going forward. Is there any issues with the supercharger?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
eh?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Your not giving enough info..

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I heard this also from my dealer. Apparently there has been too many failures due to people not running premium fuel. There is a spike in engine damage claims at the same time fuel prices go up and some pop over to regular gas to save a few bucks. The dealer did say the stoppage was temporary.

Moot point as far as I am concerned. I get expensive stuff from Sparks. I haven't bought a big ticket item from a local dealer since the truck itself. :lol:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Maybe they will sell them cheap to get them out of inventory.................:lol5:

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Sounds like a road trip is in order - drive to the US have it installed and drive home. Problem solved - now you have a BA tundra like nobody else in Canada. :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Talked to dealer I bought my truck from. They can't sell me or install TRD supercharger on any Tundra going forward. Is there any issues with the supercharger?
Tell them you will only be driving it in reverse if they don't wanna sell it to one goin forward

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was in training with a kid from Toronto a month back and he said they stopped sales of them at the dealership his buddy works at because of temperature reasons. Idk anything about them but he said it was because it gets too cold for them.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
That was the issue with earlier flashes. Somehow the colder air causes detonation earlier, so they dialed back the boost (and probably the timing as well).

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
sounds like the same issue some turbo charged engines have in buttcold weather.
makes sense

1 - 20 of 31 Posts