Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an '08 Tundra w/ 2.5' level kit in the front and stock rims. Looking at getting the 285/65/18 Toyo Open Country AT2, but wondering if they will fit without rubbing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
285/65/18 will be fine, you could fit those easily without any type of a level, you sure you don't want to step up to at least a 33" tire? I know that tire is wider but a little taller tire would look better in the wheel wells.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And how would the taller tire affect the gas mileage? Just had a baby, so trying to be as cost effective as possible

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
At the very least, 275/70/18, many run those with no lift/level (I did and still do with my lift) but you could probably run one larger than that.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
On stock wheels your main concern will be the width of the tire b/c of the offset of stock wheels, height wise you should be able to run a 34" tire but with stock offset the width would probably kill you. Too bad you are not local (my assumption) I would seriously consider selling you my tires as I would really like to step up to a 34"

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
That's almost a 35" tire (34.8")...I will let someone else chime in but I think that will be pretty dang tight with a 2.5" level.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a 3" level with 295/70/18 terra grapplers (34.71" tall) my aftermarket rims are +18 so I did have to modify my body mount to stop the minor rubbing at full lock. Your factory offset would be fine on your wheel well I think, it's gonna be the UCA clearance that'd probably be your problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
285/75/18 will work fine with a 2.5" lift and stock wheels. You will have to trim the skidplate and push the front fender liners forward. I ran that setup on my 08 for awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts