Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive about gone insane between these two tires. Everywhere i look people say to get one of these two tires and i love the look of both of them. Only thing is the Toyo is cheaper and "Supposed" to last longer, but the Nitto looks alot more aggresive and ive heard they will get me in and out of any obsticle i may face. I dont plan on mudding, but i do drive the beach alot and want a nice looking tire to show off and get me in and out of everything. Can someone with either of these wheels help me out on them? Which will last me longer, get me through stuff, and make less road noise as well?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'm running the Nitto Terra's. Only had them on for a few days but so far I am thoroughly pleased.

·
Registered
55 Posts
for years I ran nothing but mud tires on my GMC, I came across a killer deal on a set of terra grapplers and decided to try them out, I was not dissapointed. They aren't a mud tire but made it thru 2 full hunting seasons in some nasty FL swamps and held their own. When I sold the GMC they still had probably 50% tread..definately a winner in my book..when I wear out these crappy bridgestones they are what I will be putting on mine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But no trail grappler? Cause the terra grappler doesn't look aggressive at all to me.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
The Toyo AT 2s will last longer than the Nittos.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Cheeto, I can only speak to the Nitto Trail Grapplers and road noise. I was extremely nervous and searched exhaustively before buying them. I am very happy with my decision. It is unbelievable how quiet and smooth they are for an M/T. I am hoping they hold up well, because I plan buying them again. I was running Cooper STT's on my '03 Tundra and you could hear my coming a mile away. They are of course louder than an AT tire but no where near as loud as normal M/T.

Reactions: marinetundradriver

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive about gone insane between these two tires. Everywhere i look people say to get one of these two tires and i love the look of both of them. Only thing is the Toyo is cheaper and "Supposed" to last longer, but the Nitto looks alot more aggresive and ive heard they will get me in and out of any obsticle i may face. I dont plan on mudding, but i do drive the beach alot and want a nice looking tire to show off and get me in and out of everything. Can someone with either of these wheels help me out on them? Which will last me longer, get me through stuff, and make less road noise as well?
ATII - Lasts longer
Nitto MT - Get you through more stuff
ATII - Less noise
Nitto MT - More aggressive/ better looking
ATII - Better in the rain

You are comparing an AT tire to a MT, so this is pretty cut-n-dry imo.

I have the ATIIs Xtremes on my truck. Thread: http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/154785-lt295-70r18-toyo-open-country-atii-xtreme.html

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
But no trail grappler? Cause the terra grappler doesn't look aggressive at all to me.
Unless your really into some gumbo they do fine...they aren't a mud tire for sure...But they got me out of some stuff that would have turned some AT tires into a glazed doughnut

Also...mud tires are not the best for beach sand..a good wide AT tire would be better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts