Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 5 years, my family has taken a week-long trip to the west shore of Lake Tahoe with our boat. Combined weight of loaded boat, trailer, fuel, items stowed on the boat is probably about 4,500 lbs.

For the first 4 years, we towed the boat over Donner Pass (elevation 7200 ft, many extended 5-6% grades) with my wife's Highlander. That vehicle was rated at 5000 lbs, and does just fine down here at sea level. But, going up the high-elevation hills was always a struggle, and coming down the back side of Donner Pass always had me puckered up, chewing a hole in the seat trying to keep our speed down. Maintaining 55-60 mph either way was very difficult. Boating on Lake Tahoe always made it worth it.

This year, we towed the boat over the pass with my new CM. WOW!! I have never had a more relaxed experience towing over the mountains. The biggest struggle was to stop from gaining too much speed going up the hills, and having to find gaps in traffic to pass all the big rigs. Just wanted to share that this truck is awesome. Best towing rig I have ever used. :cool:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
It's an awesome towing truck, glad you had an enjoyable trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts