Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Success! temps started in the 50's this morning and made it up to the 150's by the time i got to work...only about 5 miles. I'll be towing my trailer in the next week so i should be able to get some readings for that. thanks for the help! btw, is there a thread for other sensors/readings that i can set up?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure about the other custom sensors. Bought mine strictly for trans oil. Torque App has a users forum somewhere. Options vary by maker. Some readers can see engine oil temp. Let us know what temps you are seeing.
bc

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've never been able to get Engine oil temps or TPMS values. I try every once in a while but no success.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So this weekend towing my small utility trailer, ambient temps around 40 degrees, my TQ and Pan hover around 200-205. while climing a fairly steep grade and maintaining about 70-75 mph i saw temps as high as 219 on the TQ, but the pan never really climbed above 205. as soon as the TQ conv locked the temps came right back down to match the pan temps.

I havent had a chance to tow my travel trailer yet, but will be soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Buckaroo, that is what I am doing. I have left mine plugged in and have the app running on my android phone. Works great

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Buckaroo, that is what I am doing. I have left mine plugged in and have the app running on my android phone. Works great

Can you monitor the ethanol set point? And are you using the same obdii adapter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, I can see the calculated ethanol percent and I'm using the "vee peek" obd2 from Amazon

Thank you - just ordered "vee peek" obdii. I have an iphone (which won't work) but am buying a cheap android tablet to run the Torque (or Torque Pro?) app which I will dedicate to this application and just keep it in the truck. This is the tablet I bought....

Do you remove your adapter when you are not towing or just leave it in all the time? I suspect it will still draw power so will have to pull it....not a big deal either way but don't want to draw down the battery. Thanks again....Buckaroo

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have just left it in, but I hadn't thought about it drawing on the battery. I don't think it has power with the key off but it is something to consider. Let us know if how it works! Remember you'll have to update the pid settings in the torque app as mentioned earlier in the thread to get the trans Temps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The OBD transmitters recommended by Torque will go into power saving mode after 10 minutes of no activity. Opening the door will wake up.
bc

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't think the Vee Peek was on the recommended list....

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I don't think the Vee Peek was on the recommended list....
You can have issues with the cheaper chips but I haven't had any. The same settings work on my 2020 Sequoia. Have had time to tow yet, but I plan to do a real comparison to what I was getting to what I get now on my 2020.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The OBD transmitters recommended by Torque will go into power saving mode after 10 minutes of no activity. Opening the door will wake up.
bc
It cuts off after powering off the truck. At least it did when I had my 14. I've always left it plugged in all the time and never had issues.

·
Registered
100 Posts
thank you - hope to get my trans fluid temp monitoring up and running in the next several days. Will post data.
Buckaroo

·
Registered
100 Posts
For Pan temp ....PID 2182 with ((((A*256)+B)*(7/100)-400)/10)

For Torque Con Same PID 2182 with ((((C*256)+D)*(7/100)-400)/10)
So I am having some issues....using a cheap RCA Voyager tablet running Android 8.1.0 with the VeePeak dongle.

1. Downloaded the paid version (TorquePro V1.10.114) and it communicates with the dongle (can see rpm dial moving) but does not respond when I hit the "gear" button or any of the buttons (seems to hang). Have uninstalled and reloaded with no improvement. If you have suggestions, great but not worrying about that for the moment.
2. Downloaded the free version (Torque Lite V1.2.22) and it will run. I have communication with the dongle and can see rpm & coolant temp. I am working with this version at the moment.
3. Have added Trans Temp custom pids per Sundance. Have dials displayed for the custom pids but indicates "no data" when rpm and engine coolant dials are reading correctly.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Buckaroo

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wondering if the custom ones are supported in the lite version?.
Maybe add a couple screen shots so we can look at your settings from the device..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wondering if the custom ones are supported in the lite version?.
Maybe add a couple screen shots so we can look at your settings from the device..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did make some progress. I was enabling GPS on the app and the tablet does not have GPS. When I loaded Torque Pro without enabling GPS, the app responded and the trans temps displayed. Went for a couple mile drive (no towing) and the temps got up to around 170F. I will report more data.

Thank you all for your help....
Buckaroo

21 - 40 of 40 Posts