Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a few questions regarding the lack of changes in the 2014 Toyota Tundra's for us that tow with our Tundras. And I think these are valid questions that deserve and answer.

1. When the 2014 Tundra was debuted, I remember the presenter saying the 2014 Tundra would have an integrated trailer brake controller. Now that the 2014 Tundra is in production I've yet to see a Tundra on my local dealers lot with a integrated trailer brake controller. I'm wondering why Toyota is so reluctant to add an integrated trailer brake controller?

Here is the video, he says the towing package will include a integrated trailer brake controller @7mins.

2. This truck is a great tow rig. I use my truck to tow (within it's load limits, anything higher gets carried by our 2500HD Chevy Silverado farm truck) and it's by far the best towing gas truck I've had. The truck has no problems pulling my loaded cattle trailer down the road, and it stays in the torque band really well. Toyota even brags about the truck being J2807 certified so the tow ratings are legit. My question links back to my first question, if Toyota is so dedicated to having good towing performance for the customer, why did you choose to retain the small 26 gallon fuel tank? It gets real old having to stop for gas every ~170 miles if I'm lucky. I would have been happy to see even a 30 gallon tank, or even the 36 gallon tank our 2500HD has. It's is almost worth buying the TransferFlow 47 gallon tank for the convenience of not having to stop and fill up after a few hours of driving.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good catch on the statement about the brake controller. I am curious as well to the disparity in this claim.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I wish it had an integrated trailer brake controller - would stop me from having to install one.

For me the 26 gallon tank isn't too bad because I don't tow regularly but, if I did, I could see it being a pain. That's one of the main reasons I was looking at GM/Ford is because they all come with larger tanks...

If I get to where I am doing a lot of towing I'll probably order a transfer flow tank and let my mechanic install it for me.

Any downsides to the aftermarket tank? I've been searching.

·
Registered
323 Posts
And...why have a tow package without tow mirrors? and yes, please....where is the integrated / accessory trailer brake controller?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts