Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you pull a 5th wheel trailer with the 6.5 bed Tundra?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow!!! Let the numbers do the talking! And these are unloaded numbers!
D10C5B6B-4E2C-488A-A18E-277137CDFBB6.jpeg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Unloaded is 8794, but on my 2019 max is only 10,300 which is max on my truck. Perfect max. Hitch weight on mine is 1380, they raised that also. They raised the numbers on the new ones. We also don't carry any fresh water and only bring what we need. I have several cabinets that are empty, we travel light. Truck does great towing and we don't get pushed around either.
camping.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you pull a 5th wheel trailer with the 6.5 bed Tundra?
U.P. Lookup your VIN number on the toyota.com owners page. it will tell you the exact payload capacity and towing capacity for your vehicle. This is important as these numbers vary widely depending on what equipment you have. PIN weight is the important number for your fifth wheel - you will run out of payload capaity (weight in the bed) before you exceed the towing weight which is more important for travel trailers. Everyones Tundra will be different. You also wan to have the factory installed towing package to get the Heavy duty brakes, larger transmission cooler and higher ratio differential. Bigger number (like 4.1) is better for towing,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts