Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wooo. i posted a craigslist WTB/trade ad on craigslist for OEM Tundra tow mirrors and a guy responded, saying he bought from Toyota and never installed them. Somethin about they didn't match up with his truck's wiring because he doesn't have heated mirrors on his truck. I don't really know...but anyways, he's willing to trade my heated/adjustable "sport mirrors" for those brand new tow mirrors of his. Going to meet him tomorrow morning for the swap! :D

Also, my 6000k 35w HID kit from DirectJG should be coming in today whenever the UPS man comes. I'll post before and after pics asap!

Next mod: OE fender flares from Sparks!....when money permits, of course

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah..and going tomorrow morning as well to have the dealership activate my factory alarm. lets see what kinda run-around they give me....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....wow. lol thanks for the warning? we're meeting at a toyota dealership anyways to do the swap. hes the "dent doctor" for arlington toyota in jax.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just installed my HID kit, easy installation. direct plug n play as everyone has stated. got confused a bit in the beginning because i accidentally took out the high beams and tried to fit the HID kit in there instead of my low beams...lol. oops. took me about 5 min to realize why they weren't fitting. haha. after that, it was a piece of cake. will take pics once night falls!! can't wait to see how bright they are!

·
Registered
208 Posts
just installed my HID kit, easy installation. direct plug n play as everyone has stated. got confused a bit in the beginning because i accidentally took out the high beams and tried to fit the HID kit in there instead of my low beams...lol. oops. took me about 5 min to realize why they weren't fitting. haha. after that, it was a piece of cake. will take pics once night falls!! can't wait to see how bright they are!
Wow, plug and play? I think this is the only reason I haven't switched yet, because I thought I would have to rewire stuff. Thanks for the info. By the way, my previous explanation on why I haven't bought HID's yet is the reason I didn't know they were plug and play, so I never researched them. If that makes any sense.

·
"Señor Member"
4,303 Posts
Wow, plug and play? I think this is the only reason I haven't switched yet, because I thought I would have to rewire stuff. Thanks for the info. By the way, my previous explanation on why I haven't bought HID's yet is the reason I didn't know they were plug and play, so I never researched them. If that makes any sense.
This particular kit is plug and play. they do sell kits that aren't.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah man, i was hesitant on installing them myself too. but once you go out there and actually start pulling out the stock headlight bulb and realizing once you plug in the HID bulb, there's only one way to plug in the ballast to the other male and female plugs, its kinda a no-brainer. lol. it was a big relief to me. next stop, tow mirrors tomorrow morn!

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
If you have any concerns, Jeff at Direct JG is very helpful and will answer any questions you have. I changed over all my vehicles and I am very happy with quality of the kits I received, and the customer service from Jeff.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This particular kit is plug and play. they do sell kits that aren't.
yeah man, i was hesitant on installing them myself too. but once you go out there and actually start pulling out the stock headlight bulb and realizing once you plug in the HID bulb, there's only one way to plug in the ballast to the other male and female plugs, its kinda a no-brainer. lol. it was a big relief to me. next stop, tow mirrors tomorrow morn!

^^ yeah, so definitely go with DirectJG's product!
If you have any concerns, Jeff at Direct JG is very helpful and will answer any questions you have. I changed over all my vehicles and I am very happy with quality of the kits I received, and the customer service from Jeff.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got the tow mirrors installed today. the guy installed 'em for me and wanted to just do an even swap - but i insisted on throwing some cash his way as well just because I felt like I was getting too good of a deal. he was a cool guy, drove an 07 nautical blue crew max XSP. we were talking and i was telling him about my only other future mod was to buy fender flares, and he said he took his off of his XSP, b/c he liked the "clean" look better, and they were just sitting in his garage. sooo.....he's selling em to me for $100!!!!!!! I just gotta get em painted silver b/c theyre still nautical blue. anyone know how much getting 4 flares re-painted should run me??

also, took some pics of the HID kit and my new tow mirrors:

wasnt able to take night pics of the HID kit, but they really do enhance visibility at least 2x more than the stock bulbs. very impressive

·
"Señor Member"
4,303 Posts
Damn, good deal bro! Did you direct him to the site??

Also, yesterday when I was talking about the "Ebay Killer". I was just being a douche, joking around. Then today I find out that there REALLY IS a Craigslist killer!!!! I thought the **** was just going along with my joke! Total mind screw to find out it was true!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL! dude, i thought u were kidding too. but later that afternoon i googled it, and came to find out there was a craigslist killer! haha, big coincidence i guess? my girlfriend even warned me about such.

-and yeah, i told him to get on the forums, but he didn't seem too interested. oh well

·
"Señor Member"
4,303 Posts
LOL! dude, i thought u were kidding too. but later that afternoon i googled it, and came to find out there was a craigslist killer! haha, big coincidence i guess? my girlfriend even warned me about such.

-and yeah, i told him to get on the forums, but he didn't seem too interested. oh well
funny stuff! When I met a member to swap out my tinted tail lights for his stock tail lights, my wife was so worried. She thought I was gonna get robbed, killed, etc... I thought it was funny.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I always meet at a certain 7-11 because there are always people around. I never bring anyone to my house. Only time I did that was when I sold my truck.

By the way, I like those lights, they are nice.... now you got me interested in looking at different ones.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts