Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled a skid steer last weekend and used the tow/haul button. I never turned the truck off when dropping the trailer. Got back in the truck, and saw my gas, battery, temperature, and oil light indicator lights on. Nothing is wrong though. Plenty gas, not overheating, nor is the battery bad. Anyone else ever had this issue? Maybe a fuse issue? [/FONT]

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I pulled a skid steer last weekend and used the tow/haul button. I never turned the truck off when dropping the trailer. Got back in the truck, and saw my gas, battery, temperature, and oil light indicator lights on. Nothing is wrong though. Plenty gas, not overheating, nor is the battery bad. Anyone else ever had this issue? Maybe a fuse issue? [/FONT]
Are you saying the engine died while you were unhitching the trailer, and you don't know why? Probably no way to know what happened; just wait to see if it repeats. Not a fuse issue...if you blew a fuse, you would have had to replace it before continuing.

But...I'm not sure you need the tow/haul mode on your Tundra for towing a skid steer. My 1986 4Runner (2.4L, 22R-E) towed a mini skid steer recently, and neither one of us broke a sweat. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts