Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have these or know someone who has these? I’m thinking of doing some upper and lower uniball a-arms with a 3.5” king 3.0 rr coil-over lift.

Any info on these lower uniball a-arms?

http://www.chaosfab.com/2007-2017-Tundra-Stock-Length-Lower-Control-Arms-87555

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?.... can anyone at least give me some info on a setup like this? How much more wheel travel could I possibly get? What size coil over should I get, meaning, How long and how much travel for the coilover should I be looking at?

·
Registered
124 Posts
What's your intended purpose? I don't see much advantage other than dual shock mounts and strength for high endurance high speed application. I don't imagine they improve travel much at all as they are stock width.

Reading about them in another thread and they look like mostly bling with some added durability. Fill your boots I suppose, everyone has their vices.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...lower-control-arms-stock-length-coming-7.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I’m hoping to get a little added travel and durability. I figured if going with upper uniball a arms adds some travel and durability, adding lower uniball a arms would add more to the package. I was looking into long travel but I don’t have the kind of money to actually make good use out of it. So I’m looking at doing a pro comp 6” lift with both total chaos upper and lower uniball a arms and a custom king RR coilover for the front. So I get some height to run 35s and some extra performance from the uniball a arms and coilover. Rear is gonna be some custom leaf springs with shackles RR shocks with 8” air bags and daystar Airbag cradles.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
You dont need a 6" lift to run 35's. I run 35's on my Icon coilover setup. With standard king coilovers you get enough lift to run 35's assuming you pick a wheel with an offset between +35 to +12.

Reactions: Tundradrenalin

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well I’m hoping to get a little added travel and durability. I figured if going with upper uniball a arms adds some travel and durability, adding lower uniball a arms would add more to the package. I was looking into long travel but I don’t have the kind of money to actually make good use out of it. So I’m looking at doing a pro comp 6” lift with both total chaos upper and lower uniball a arms and a custom king RR coilover for the front. So I get some height to run 35s and some extra performance from the uniball a arms and coilover. Rear is gonna be some custom leaf springs with shackles RR shocks with 8” air bags and daystar Airbag cradles.

Agreed and we are on a similar page. My 2016 CM is being created for extended camping and primitive camping, or overlanding style camp. Long travel wasn't going to work for me.

I have the Fox 2.5 up front with TC upped arms and it'll run 35's no problem if I wanted to. My rear is my issue right now, with a block and bags for the weight, still deciding between keeping the bags and adding a Tuff Country overload with my Fox 2.0, or ordering custom springs from Deaver or Atlas. Mixed reviews on the springs however with the weight I'm already loaded with. Permanent truck addons are around 750lbs, canopy, tent, awning, bedslide, and Hitchgate tire carrier and second spare tire.

I don't see the need to run an aftermarket LCA with a mid travel. Mine rides phenomenally with what I have up front. My rear will never be as good simply because of the weight I'm dragging around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How long have you had the TC UCAs? I been talking with the guys at filthy motorsports about a setup and they recommend using the SPC UCAs because they have the same benefits as a uniball UCA but they last longer and less maintenance is needed. Plus more adjustment for setting alignment. They were saying that most of the uniball UCAs, the uniball needs to be replaced about every 15-20k miles.

Has anyone had any issues with their uniball UCAs past 20k miles?

BTW, the guys at filthy motorsports are AWSOME! I’ve emails at least a dozen different off-road suspension companies and shops and they are the only ones who have returned every email with all the questions I have. And I haven’t even bought anything from them! Ever! They could have easily talked me into spending a truck load of money on long travel and customs coilovers and shocks and stuff. But the guy has taken the time to ask me what I intend to do with my truck and how much off road use and what type of terrain, how often, etc... no, I don’t work there and I don’t know anyone that does. I came across their YouTube videos when I was looking up suspension stuff. GREAT customer service. And like I said, haven’t even given them a penny yet. But any shop willing to take the time to answer all my stupid questions and not just try to sell me the most expensive stuff they have, I’m definitely giving them my business.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How long have you had the TC UCAs? I been talking with the guys at filthy motorsports about a setup and they recommend using the SPC UCAs because they have the same benefits as a uniball UCA but they last longer and less maintenance is needed. Plus more adjustment for setting alignment. They were saying that most of the uniball UCAs, the uniball needs to be replaced about every 15-20k miles.

BTW, the guys at filthy motorsports are AWSOME! I’ve emails at least a dozen different off-road suspension companies and shops and they are the only ones who have returned every email with all the questions I have. And I haven’t even bought anything from them! Ever! They could have easily talked me into spending a truck load of money on long travel and customs coilovers and shocks and stuff. But the guy has taken the time to ask me what I intend to do with my truck and how much off road use and what type of terrain, how often, etc... no, I don’t work there and I don’t know anyone that does. I came across their YouTube videos when I was looking up suspension stuff. GREAT customer service. And like I said, haven’t even given them a penny yet. But any shop willing to take the time to answer all my stupid questions and not just try to sell me the most expensive stuff they have, I’m definitely giving them my business.
I haven't had mine that long, so I cant say how long they will last. The TC Uniball gives more travel as well from what I understand, which helps quality shocks work as they should in a good MT setup. I don't mind doing yearly maintenance on mine either, so that's alright for me, but others may want lower maintenance. It's going to be in the shop for other stuff anyway from time to time, its not hard to change those out from what I've been told. Just a press and hand tools.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts

I've got 30,000 miles on my Icon Uniball UCA's with no issues or noise. I opted for them because of the dust covers as well to keep some of the grime and dirt out. I had heim joint UCA's on my last tundra and they were fine, i just didnt like them being exposed to the elements.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

I put at least 60-70k miles on my tc arm with the original uniball since I bought it brand new still no noise and I never lube it. I should replace it tho.. 25k is nothing

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.