Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had issues with sand penetration on the heim? I was looking at a vendor this weekend and they said that was the main issue with the total chaos arms. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Anyone had issues with sand penetration on the heim? I was looking at a vendor this weekend and they said that was the main issue with the total chaos arms. Thanks!
horsesht

Everyone needs to stop listening to vendors. They are the worst at spreading misinformation. If you want to know about a product, talk directly with the manufacturer. Pat at Total Chaos is a great guy and will answer any questions you have.

I have tens of thousands of miles and lots and lots of those miles in sand, silt, dust, and mud/water. I do not have any problems with my heims.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know! Thanks.

I couldn't believe when I saw a vendor with a total chaos arm at a Jeep event.

He was spewing some bull to me and I wanted to see what you guys would say.

Definitely staying away from that company.

·
Registered
480 Posts
the biggest enemy to heims/uniball would be salt/snow/shit they put on the roads in the North. It will eventually destroy the teflon lining.

Oh if you get a rock jammed in the uniball in the UCA and you don't realize it and continue to offroad it will DESTROY/Gouge/REK the bearing lol. not sure how i was lucky enough to pull that off but it happened lol

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
the biggest enemy to heims/uniball would be salt/snow/shit they put on the roads in the North. It will eventually destroy the teflon lining.

Oh if you get a rock jammed in the uniball in the UCA and you don't realize it and continue to offroad it will DESTROY/Gouge/REK the bearing lol. not sure how i was lucky enough to pull that off but it happened lol
The teflon is only good for 10k - 15k miles anyways. Its a $150 job to replace a pair

·
Registered
480 Posts
The teflon is only good for 10k - 15k miles anyways. Its a $150 job to replace a pair
yea easy job unless the uniball is seized in the UCA cup. Required a press and a torch. And way more time then i planned on lol. I used ALOT of anti-seize when i put the new uniball in.

Reactions: Trailmoose
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.