Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3. Amount of money spent detailing the vehicle! The slightest amount of dirt, dust, or even a bug on the windshield and I have to detail the entire vehicle.

2. Amount of money spent on gas! No not MPG, but the fact that I can't keep myself from constantly wanting to drive the truck. Especially after detailing it!

1. No money to spend on mods! Please refer to above mentioned complaints!

I FRICKEN LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
My biggest complaint is I don't have one yet!!!! soon though

·
Registered
78 Posts
Who me?

I have a complaint, several in fact......

1. Why no alarm offered at the dealer?

2. How do you get a firmer, yet compliant ride out of the suspension?

3. What's with the 109 mph buzz kill?

4. Why do the tie down cleats come loose, but you can not tighten them?

5. How about making the factory fog lights available to post delivery install?

6. What's with the lame Micheline car tires on the SR5 4x4, how about some Rugged Trails?

7. I don't need a safety officer stopping me from using my GPS during travel!

Ok, I have disclosed my dislikes about my Tundra, if you feel like ripping me a new one because I can spend $33,000 and yet still remain objective, please don't! These are my gripes! Not yours! If you are of an objective nature and can sympathize to my gripes then feel free!

Other then those few issues I REALLY enjoy driving this truck, especially when I get the hole shot! which up till now has been EVERY time!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Ya its Hillery's fault

·
Registered
5 Posts

6. What's with the lame Micheline car tires on the SR5 4x4, how about some Rugged Trails?

Ok, I have disclosed my dislikes about my Tundra, if you feel like ripping me a new one because I can spend $33,000 and yet still remain objective, please don't! These are my gripes! Not yours! If you are of an objective nature and can sympathize to my gripes then feel free!

Other then those few issues I REALLY enjoy driving this truck, especially when I get the hole shot! which up till now has been EVERY time!

I'm like you on #7......I have insurance for a reason. If I choose to look at my GPS too long to punch in some numbers let me do it. I find myself hauling ass to a red light in order to put it in park so I can put in some info. I'm good with blaming the dems as well. Those bastards.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm like you on #7......I have insurance for a reason. If I choose to look at my GPS too long to punch in some numbers let me do it. I find myself hauling ass to a red light in order to put it in park so I can put in some info. I'm good with blaming the dems as well. Those bastards.
Number 7 and number 3! I will pay big money to the first one who comes up with the cure!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wish one of the cup holders was a little closer to my right hand....pretty big gripe huh?

Bart

·
Registered
48 Posts
My top complaints

My top complaints so far.

1) JBL speakers cause the door plastic to rattle and it sounds like a ratty old car instead of a brand new tight Toyota.
2) TOYOTA paint chips worse than any other brand. I have an FJ and it is chipped all to hell and my new Tundra got 3 paint chips on the hood the first week I had it.
3) Stiffer ride than I would have thought. I do have the 5.7 4X4 with offroad package, but it can get downright unsettling on rough roads.

Now for the rest of the story.

Other than these three minor complaints, this is the best truck I have ever owned. I am extremely pleased with my purchase and would make the same decision if I had it to do over again. This engine makes pulling my bikes a snap and the interior room makes the vehicle feel like being in a small room.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My top complaints so far.

1) JBL speakers cause the door plastic to rattle and it sounds like a ratty old car instead of a brand new tight Toyota.
2) TOYOTA paint chips worse than any other brand. I have an FJ and it is chipped all to hell and my new Tundra got 3 paint chips on the hood the first week I had it.
3) Stiffer ride than I would have thought. I do have the 5.7 4X4 with offroad package, but it can get downright unsettling on rough roads.

Now for the rest of the story.

Other than these three minor complaints, this is the best truck I have ever owned. I am extremely pleased with my purchase and would make the same decision if I had it to do over again. This engine makes pulling my bikes a snap and the interior room makes the vehicle feel like being in a small room.:)
As for your door's rattling there is an easy fix for that. It is actually the little storage compartment on the door that rattles, and not the door itself. I simply stuck a business card in them(learned this from someone on another thread) and presto rattle gone. Hope that helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Wow man I don't think that anyone's going to rip you about your complaints. I have never owned a car or truck that I didn't have at least one or two things I would change or gripe about. Even this one. The whole reason I started this thread was just to bring some humor and wasn't trying to be unobjective or anything like that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
only the top 3?!

here it goes, but i cant say ill be able to stop at 3.

1. MPG listed is a joke! If mine would get 10 mpg, i'd be happy.
2. Ride is getting worse every day.
3. Paint- dont look at it, it might scratch or chip.

sorry....
4. Radio is garbage in more ways than one.
5. Windshield weathersripping coming off, dealer wont fix it. Been to 3 different ones.
6. Bed makes cracking noise when you step in the corners.
7. Rubber strap holding down the jack broke, never touched it, not once.
8. Transfer case engages when it wants. When it does, smooth is not the term i would use to describe it.

Thats all for now... thinking i should have kept my 04 Tundra... better built truck by far

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Top 3 complaints.

It is not here yet.
I am stuck driving a 73 Ford 3/4 ton with 3 on the tree until it arrives.
That my wife might drive it.
Hey it could be a Chevy. I had a '72 F250 in high school It was a cool truck

·
Registered
66 Posts
"2. How do you get a firmer, yet compliant ride out of the suspension?"

I am in total agreement with this!!!! Seems to bottom out when loaded....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just one so far...
1. Center Console Ashtray.

·
Registered
802 Posts
mine came with a alarm for free ! dealer forgot it was in the truck tryed to sell it to me last min said i don't want truck if your going charge me for it then he just threw it in.. haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have only one complaint - mine's not in till the end of the month and I am stuck driving my Hummer that rattles and thumps all the time. The paint chip issue worries me, though. I wonder if a good wax job might help?

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.