Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around for a little bit. I think now I have compiled enough information to be dangerous. LOL
I found a 2012 platinum crew max. Truck has around 55K miles. I tried to see all the wonderful goodies, I mean mods done to it. I can tell the obvious of TRD front springs, ready lift with the 6" kit as I measured the back block to be around 3". Truck also has TRD/bilstein pro shocks front/back. TRD dual exhaust, Nitto's 35 12.50's, Power slot rotors, AMP power side steps. Truck looks awesome. Dealer is asking $34,500 firm and won't move on the price. I read the 12's had tranny issues. But I looked at the Carfax and it was dealer serviced and it's a very very clean truck. No mud anywhere I can find. We also have a lifted jeep so I am used to having a little mud on things! Any thoughts..good buy or to high? I am close to pulling the trigger on the tundra but I was also considering going with a stock 2012 titan Pro4X. I know I am on a Tundra site and prefer the tundra.

·
Premium Member
15,631 Posts
Welcome, i moved your thread to the New member introduction so your account will be unlocked and you can continue posting.
I've never heard of any of the tundras having transmission problems., i'd get a 12 in a heartbeat.

That sounds like a nice truck, not sure on the price. have you shopped around? for me it seems a bit high, but then again its got all the mods you want, and super low miles... might be a good deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Being a noobie on the site I appreciate the feedback. Are there any know issues I should be aware of on the 12/ I like the Navigation on it and the crew max back seat is AWESOME! When I started it up I looked at my wife and she gave no response. I asked her when we left what she thought about the truck and she said "she was trying not to smile since it sounded SO good". Love the TRD exhaust.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thank you. Being a noobie on the site I appreciate the feedback. Are there any know issues I should be aware of on the 12/ I like the Navigation on it and the crew max back seat is AWESOME! When I started it up I looked at my wife and she gave no response. I asked her when we left what she thought about the truck and she said "she was trying not to smile since it sounded SO good". Love the TRD exhaust.
Your wife is a "pearl of great price"...hold on to her. ;)

Compare the deal you're being offered to similar offerings on CarGurus.com...that will reveal what kind of deal you're getting.

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
It isn't a bad price, but considering a 6 year old truck...

You can get a new 17 right now for about 14-16k more, with likely better % financing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It isn't a bad price, but considering a 6 year old truck...

You can get a new 17 right now for about 14-16k more, with likely better % financing.
That's the thing I just sold a Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 Laramie and did not want another $800 payment. That is was is pushing me to used vehicles.

I like the Tundra...and shall I even say it Titan but I like Tundra better. Bigger rear end, nicer interior and this truck has everything done from the ready lift to TRD exhaust ect...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you really like it, buy it. It is already modded. Just make sure you test the 4WD system to make sure they work. Clean vehicles, like no mud underneath, may mean the 4WD system was seldom used or never used. Check suspension for noises, steering pulls, etc. Have fun.:D

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Used tundras hold their value like crazy, so I would say that's not a bad price at all from what I've seen around here. That's also low mileage, so if you are comfortable with it, I say but it and enjoy!!! The good thing is, many of the first popular mods are already done, so you can actually just make payments and not worry about a lift/tires/exhaust!!! My truck is an 08 with 124k miles and it drives the same way it did when I bought it in 2011. It sounds like you really like it, so I say go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.