Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide what system I want, either the 6" or the 8". I want a loud system that'll really be heard and turn some heads, but I'm afraid of the 6" being too loud. I've never heard these systems in person, soI'm wondering if there is anybody around me that has either of these systems. I live in upstate NY, so if anybody lives in upstate NY or VT and has one of these systems, please let me know. It'd be great to hear one of these systems before I order, and I'm looking to order real soon, so please help!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Exactly what 2010 said ^^^^^^^

I had a heavily modified cummins prior to the tundra and it was loud, had more drone than I could stand and I swear I wouldn't do that again....

Installed the 8" system liked it at first but after about 10 minutes had that sickening feeling in my stomach because I had cab drone and flash backs of the cummins all over.

Got up early the next day and installed the helmholtz resonator prior to work and it was like a completely different exhaust....stick great sound outside but near stock levels inside until you put your foot into it.

For me and my passengers the 8" system is perfect...kids watching movies, phone calls etc.

But if I was 15 years younger I would probably have gone with a 6" system....but at some point it just becomes a lot of noise since we can't really mod these trucks....just my .02

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I had personally heard and seen this BAmuffler at the San Diego meet just a few hrs ago. The sound is deep but not overly loud. It's smooth deep and not pulsating like glass packs. No high frequency noise coming out. No throaty sound. This is with the stock exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Art, was this the 6" or the 8"? Keith suggested I go with the 8" system, but with my 2002 Tundra, I loved the sound of my aftermarket exhaust, but always wished it was a little bit louder. That is why I am leaning towards the 6" system. If it is too loud for my taste, maybe I can find some one to sell it to and go for the 8".

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I live in upstate NY and have powersticks if you wanted to hear them

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just got the 6" on Friday. Bolted on in 10 mins. Literally took longer to get my truck up on the lift.

Drivin around the sound is awesome. Standing on the throttle it roars. Freeway there's drone (don't have the helmholtz on) but I barely here it because if my tires. So it doesn't bother me.

Definitely glad I went with the 6".. best exhaust around in my opinion but I guess that's biased cuz it's the only exhaust I've bought haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Nags, thanks for the info. You're helping to sway me more towards the 6".

Hey 4fiftyx, whereabouts in upstate are you from?
I'm about a half hour north of glens falls about two miles from the VT border

1 - 20 of 30 Posts