Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have been a Titan owner for the last 3 years. I had an 05 and an 08 No Fear Edition. The 08 No Fear Edition was stolen after about 5 months.:( I am still fighting with State Farm over the 08. It has been over 2 months.
I could not wait any longer as I needed something to take out my boat.

I just purchased a used 2007 Tundra SR5. Very Nice truck.
I look forward to reading lots in this forum.

Chris

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi All,
I have been a Titan owner for the last 3 years. I had an 05 and an 08 No Fear Edition. The 08 No Fear Edition was stolen after about 5 months.:( I am still fighting with State Farm over the 08. It has been over 2 months.

Chris
B4 anyone else asks....why did you make the switch?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I will pray for you that you will win the battle with state farm!!!
Be sure to use the words "Bad Faith" when talking with them....then ask around for a good lawyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B4 anyone else asks....why did you make the switch?:rolleyes:
Good Question.... I was looking for a used truck to hold me over during the State Farm fight. I need to take my boat out! I came across this 07 Tundra that is in almost perfect condition. Nav,Back up cam, JBL Etc.... They were asking $23K, I offered $19K and the deal was done. I have to say the truck is pretty nice. Very comfortable ride and much better on gas than the Titan.
As of now I may keep this truck if I continue being impressed. Or maybe trade it in for a new Tundra with more features.
Having owned the top of the line Titan and this Tundra, I have to say there are many things Toyota does better than Nissan. But I can also say the reverse. Since I have only had this truck for a week I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet. But so far I really like what I am experiencing.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
What are you talking about? Is that supposed to be a Joke?
Obviously dont know the details of the case but if he has suffered a loss and is insured but the insurer is not stepping up to the plate...that is bad faith...not honoring their contract. Specifics are obviously needed and that tactic may have been posted a little premature. State Farm is typically and reputable company to deal with. Why so defensive?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Obviously dont know the details of the case but if he has suffered a loss and is insured but the insurer is not stepping up to the plate...that is bad faith...not honoring their contract. Specifics are obviously needed and that tactic may have been posted a little premature. State Farm is typically and reputable company to deal with. Why so defensive?
So your saying i should mention those things in the prayer to JC AND GOD?

I dont really want to explain why at the moment but I am A Very Defensive person

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here are some details.
I had this truck for roughly 5 months. The 2008 Titan I purchased was ordered with every feature possible and then I added the No Fear Extreme package for Titans. It includes Exhaust, Rims , Tires Lift Kit, Gauges, Mats, Badges, Grille, etc.... The price for the truck was $55k before rebate.
I also did more work to the truck.
State farm has not been able to value the vehicle. Since the 08 had some body changes as well as interior changes they cannot use 07 figures as a base.

Try and search Kelly Blue Book, etc.. for the trade in value online. I did and they all say cannot value - no data on trades etc...
Yesterday they had me on a three way call with one of the companies that publishes the value and trade in data. We went over the sticker from the vehicle as well as the options added. They are hoping to be able to value it in a week.

My agent and myself told State Farm to issue pay off based on the selling price to me, but they won't do anything without a value statement.:mad: The agent said he has not seen this happen in his thirty years as a State Farm Agent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I don't really want to explain why at the moment but I am A Very Defensive person
I think he means Bad Faith as in a Business deal.
I payed State Farm for my policy per our agreement and they agreed to pay me on a timely basis for the theft of my vehicle.
They do not seem to be holding up to their end of the agreement. Hence "Bad Faith"

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

I dont really want to explain why at the moment but I am A Very Defensive person
Tundrawwjd.....I in no way meant "faith" as in spiritual faith. I am a God fearing man myself and totally apologize for the mix up! The above is correct "bad faith" is the vernacular used in legal settings specifically when insurers are being dishonest, not honoring their duy, and/or being fraudulent. I work in the medicolegal arena here in Cali and I use that term regularly. So much I just assume everyone knows what i'm talking about. Again...sorry bro!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am still fighting with State Farm over the 08. It has been over 2 months.

Chris
"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there."

Yeah, like a good neighbor who shoots your dog, steals your newspaper and screws your wife.

Best of luck with that one my friend... BTW, welcome to the site. :D

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Hi All,

Chris
Venom WELCOME and enjoy your ride. Sorry about the loss. State Farm is known to do that type of thing. Hopefully you had gap insurance. That cost of $55,000 is before you left the lot. Like you in a way I came over from a Chevy that had so many issues I ran out of duct tape holding it together. I had an LT3 ext cab which was their best truck. After 8x headliner drop down and both tail lights falling off the ABS twice. I loved all the nice things but it was hard to enjoy with all the problems. This will be the nicest way I will speak about a chevy. I got a truck with an attitude.:cool:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tundrawwjd.....I in no way meant "faith" as in spiritual faith. I am a God fearing man myself and totally apologize for the mix up! The above is correct "bad faith" is the vernacular used in legal settings specifically when insurers are being dishonest, not honoring their duy, and/or being fraudulent. I work in the medicolegal arena here in Cali and I use that term regularly. So much I just assume everyone knows what i'm talking about. Again...sorry bro!
I think the mix up started when you posted that after i put i will pray for you referring to the other guy am i right? and its ok i forgive ... i was just like what the heck Appology Accepted

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to the forum Venom!

RE: State Farm. Almost all are run independently and some are very shady. You can file a bad faith report with the Insurance Bureau of America or the Ombudsman's office representing the insurer. All State ( the "You're in Good Hands " B.S. company) had to do some house cleaning too to get it's act right. Keep on em! You paid the premium for coverage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts