Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening TundraTalk,

I have a bone stock, 2013 Tundra 4X4 DC that I recently purchased. I have set a budget of 3000$ for Tires, Wheels and a Level / Lift and I would love some advice. I want to get the most effectiveness for my money. I go camping and fishing so I plan to go off road occasionally, but the truck will by and large be a daily driver on asphalt.

Some wheels I am considering are the:

17X9 BLACK KMC XD 801 CRANK- WHEEL PROS KMC XD Crank 17'

Or

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct V-TEC Warlords 18'

Tires would likely be Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70-18 for the V-TEC or the Nitto Trail Grappler 305/70-17 for the KMC XD Crank 17'

I am thinking about going with a Coachbuilder1 3" Extreme Duty Shackles in the back with a supreme suspensions 3" spacer in the front. What I really want however is to go upto a 4-4.5 in lift in the front with an even back end or a slight rake, but I am unsure if it will break my budget. I would appreciate any thoughts the community might have on this build.

-Kyle

Reactions: chphilo

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
king coilovers
So do you have the link to king co that gives you 4-4.5 inch lift that's gonna cost you less than a grand? :D I would love to get them myself.

If you go off-road, look into OME front springs and shocks (but they will give you only around 3 inches of lift). If you go with 612 Springs, you could probably get away under your budget. Installing 3-inch spacers in front will make your truck less off-road capable.

·
Registered
357 Posts
For 3k budget, ditch the wheel and tires and get something that will really improve the truck's ride and performance. When the tires need replacing, then upgrade the wheels and tires as a set.

Last week I was FLYING down a dirt road at 70 mph with my Kings. It was just so smooth and amazing. Try that with a lift or ome and your fillings will fall out. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts