Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my head hurts lol. so it appears you can put bigger tires on the stock trucks? any chance you can post pic of tires and what you did or didn't do. mine will be here in 2 weeks and want some ideas. tried searching but some say you can and some say cant

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Quite a few posting 295/70/18 on the stock TRD Pro.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I was hoping to see some pics ands what they did to the truck. ive seen a lot of them just didn't know exactly what they did if anything

·
Registered
37 Posts
my head hurts lol. so it appears you can put bigger tires on the stock trucks? any chance you can post pic of tires and what you did or didn't do. mine will be here in 2 weeks and want some ideas. tried searching but some say you can and some say cant
This guy sold me with the pics in his post... check it out. He has 295/70/18 with 1.25" spacers. One of the cleanest set ups I've seen without doing any major modification.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-trd-pro/479170-tundra-trd-pro-295-70-18-nitto-terragrapler-g2.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive had my TRD Pro for a week now and can't believe how much I love this truck. I put 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2. Only had to take off the front tiny mud flap held on by two bolts. Perfect size. Not too much but plenty of rubber. I will post pics soon. Try and find the pic of white or orange with 295s. They seem to better illustrate the tires than the pics of black trucks. I almost went 285/65/18 Coopers but very glad I went with the 295

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive had my TRD Pro for a week now and can't believe how much I love this truck. I put 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2. Only had to take off the front tiny mud flap held on by two bolts. Perfect size. Not too much but plenty of rubber. I will post pics soon. Try and find the pic of white or orange with 295s. They seem to better illustrate the tires than the pics of black trucks. I almost went 285/65/18 Coopers but very glad I went with the 295
any white ones out there with this set up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
look at the TRD Pics thread. On about page 6 or 7 there is a white one with 295/70/18. Once I saw that pic my decision was easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bimmer, those Toyo look fantastic.! As an Aggie , I hate all things orange. Except your truck. Those will be my next tire after the Nitto.
Ps. How do you post the pics like you did above?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are sweet! By chance what rails are those predator or nfab or what? Also what is the ride and sound like on the tires?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I assume you like the Nfab. I'm getting a white one and curious how they'll look. I'm looking at the 3 step per side. I'm concerned how the finish looks to the black stuff. I assume I should get matte finish

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Ok I assume you like the Nfab. I'm getting a white one and curious how they'll look. I'm looking at the 3 step per side. I'm concerned how the finish looks to the black stuff. I assume I should get matte finish
I had matte finish NFab on my 2014 TRD and the gloss black on the 2015 Pro.
The gloss matches the finish of the wheels better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts