Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 TRD PRO. I’ve read on here that I can do 295 70R 18 with the only modification being to remove the front forward mudflap. My question is can I also add 1.25” wheel spacers and the bigger tires with no rubbing or other issues? I like the stock wheels just want a more “beefier” stance. I don’t want to add a coach builder lift at this time. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 TRD PRO. I’ve read on here that I can do 295 70R 18 with the only modification being to remove the front forward mudflap. My question is can I also add 1.25” wheel spacers and the bigger tires with no rubbing or other issues? I like the stock wheels just want a more “beefier” stance. I don’t want to add a coach builder lift at this time. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Bump

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Without the spacers it seems like you have a 50/50 shot of rubbing after removing the flap based on what other have reported. Push the wheels out another 1.25in and the probability of rubbing goes up.

T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I have seen reported is removing the front flap there is no issue with rubbing. I have seen where people say the tire is close to something I can’t recall what it is now. I would think the spacer would move the tire to the outside so there would be more room on the inside. Could you just explain what you think it might would rub against. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I run 37" tires, Blk Rhino Arsenal 18" wheel, and 6" Procomp lift.
I had slightly more rub with 1.25" Spidertrax spacers than running without it. I am happier without them.
The wheel back spacing has some to do with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You will have more rubbing with the spacers. Used to run Ready Lift SST 3"x2" kit. Upgraded to 35" KO's and only had to remove front little spoilers. No rubbing. About a year or so later I ordered wheel spacers from AllProOffroad and have major rubbing on the front wheelwell. I ended up taking out the lower covers of the inner wheelwell that you pull to access the fog light bulbs and they barely cleared. I've done other modifications since then that have helped create clearance and still run the spacers with 35" KO2's with no issues.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I put 1.5" spacers on with factory wheels and tires so far. I'm going to get bigger tires soon. One thing you could do is get a 1.25" block of wood and turn your wheels to full lock then place the block between the tire and closest part of the truck to see how much clearance is there. Just remember to check the front/bumper side and the motor mount/cab side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts