Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas i'm about to get new shoes put on my 2010 rock warrior,cooper evolution m/t,and i've removed the fake bead locks but put the torx screws back in. should i remove the torx screws or can the tires shop remove the old tire and install the new ones with the torx screws present?
thanks,
Big Ed

·
Registered
13,789 Posts
I would leave the bolts/screws out, just in case. They might lose them, or catch the spoon on the machine on them, causing damage.

I actually left the beadlock rings off my second set of RW wheels, less snow packed in them, and they looked different to me. I liked them that way. I never put anything in the threads, and didn't have any corrosion issues in the 5 winters I ran them that way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would leave the bolts/screws out, just in case. They might lose them, or catch the spoon on the machine on them, causing damage.

I actually left the beadlock rings off my second set of RW wheels, less snow packed in them, and they looked different to me. I liked them that way. I never put anything in the threads, and didn't have any corrosion issues in the 5 winters I ran them that way.
thanks PT. i think imma take the bolts out but i do like how it looks to have them in there. i just wish i could find a source that had the same bolts with the same thread pitch about .25" shorter that would sit flush with the wheel whereas now i have a plastic spacer behind the bolt that butts up against the aluminum wheel and it make the bolts stick out a bit.thats what i'm afraid of the machine catching the bolts.
thanks,
Big Ed

·
Registered
13,789 Posts
thanks PT. i think imma take the bolts out but i do like how it looks to have them in there. i just wish i could find a source that had the same bolts with the same thread pitch about .25" shorter that would sit flush with the wheel whereas now i have a plastic spacer behind the bolt that butts up against the aluminum wheel and it make the bolts stick out a bit.thats what i'm afraid of the machine catching the bolts.
thanks,
Big Ed
I was able to find a few local hardware only stores that only sell hardware with them available, like Fastenall etc...

I was going to go with either a button head stainless hex (allen), or stainless set screws, also hex.
They weren't necessarily cheap, and had to be ordered. I decided I would roll without.

But, needless to say, you can find new hardware, in stainless, just find a company that is strictly in the hardware biz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts