Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this topic has been beat senseless on this forum, but I am getting rid of my mandatory post and hopefully getting some info for a newbie as well. So I purchased a 2014 4x4 Tundra Super Crew Platinum in Black. So far I have dropped a back flip cover onto it as well as side steps (and some window tine to make it look cool). Next step I want to buy some new rubber (the tires that come on it are really bad… has anyone ever noticed that).

Questions I am looking for recommendations for a 3” lift kit and new rubber and rims. It will primarily be a city truck with the occasional weekend trip up to the cottage (But while I live in the south it is southern Canada and we have snow and ice on the ground 5 month of the year, and if at all possible I would like to role on only one set of tires). Any and all recommendations are appreciated, Thanks

·
Banned
58 Posts
Pro comp level kit 3/1
Wheels of your choice
And almost any tire in 33's will work. Look at Pro Comps (my favorites) , Nitto, General "reds"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info?

Thanks for the info and the recommendation, having trolled around a little I had settled on the Sky Jacker 3/3” TU730 for my lift Kit… and for tires the BFG K02 305’s. My thinking here is with the BFG’s I believe I can keep my stock rims (and save some money) and then spend that money on the Sky Jacker lift (that is at least billed as a premium lift, and I would go with the NOX front shocks). My idea is that why tires will come and go the lift kit is here to stay. Is this the best lift Kit (no clue) will the BFG KO2’s fit on my stock rims (I think so, but not sure), will I like the BFG’s….?

Why do you like the Pro comp level kit 3/1… and is there a reason that I would want to level out my ride, instead of sticking with the traditional back over front rake?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Rather than blocks, look into either Bilstein 5100 or OME. Those will be suspension upgrade rather than downgrade.

For wheels, there are too many choices. Just don't go too crazy with offset and you will be alright.

DuraTrac is one of the best for snow/ice especially if you want to use it all year. Check out the new BFG AT KO2 also. It looks promising.

edit: I see that you like BFG's already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info I have requested a quote on the Bilstein 5100, by the way nice bush bar, rims and fender flairs (that however will need to wait until the spring when I have saved up a bit more cash).

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Thanks for the info I have requested a quote on the Bilstein 5100, by the way nice bush bar, rims and fender flairs (that however will need to wait until the spring when I have saved up a bit more cash).
Newly redesigned Bilstein's look good, as far as I could gather. Definitely better than blocks.

Thanks for the complement. Your modding is light years ahead of mine. 4 kids, need I say more? Took me years to finally lift my truck. One advantage is that it gives me plenty of time to research, haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in the same boat 4 kids (however 2 have them have already finished school and only the youngest is still "dependant") amazing how much more time and money you have for toys.

As for the Bilstein 5100 they will give me 2.5" up front and 1" in the rear, the quote I received was $578 tax in (before install and balance) add an extra $1300 for the rubber and all in with install should see me around $2400... A lot cheeper than my original quote Sky Jacker, Rubber & Rim's $4950 (A lot of the change was going with the stock rims... I wonder if I could powder coat them).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome!

AutoAnything is the one stop shop for mods! We price match and offer forum member discounts.

PM me or select the CHAT option if you have any questions!

AutoAnything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts