Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times, but I would like your opinion. Tired of my OEM headlights. Would like a whiter look. Out of the Phillips blue vision and Osram Night Breakers, which would be better for my Tundra?

Reactions: Tbow

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I vote for HID. but if that's not an option then I'd go with the Osram .

Reactions: buckjunkie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much would an HID kit cost me?

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Depends on what kind of person u r, meaning some people like to spend thinking they will get more & some like to spend less n expect to get more. IMO i try to get a deal every chance i have. So i went with a $30 kit from eBay, i have had a $150 kit n they both worked the same. There is somebody on here selling synergy hid kits for $30 (i think). U can go with those if u want or i can tell u tomorrow which brand i got. I haven't had one problem with the hid kit i got, i cant speak for the synergy hid kit cause i haven't used them. But search for that thread on this forum n read the comments on there to help make your decision. The fog light bulb size is 9145

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have time for an install, so for now I'll go with the Night Breakers.
They don't make a 9145 in the Night Breakers. Will the H11 fit?

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
I don't have time for an install, so for now I'll go with the Night Breakers.
They don't make a 9145 in the Night Breakers. Will the H11 fit?
H10 is the same size as 9145, as for the install for hid it will literally take 5 more minutes longer than a regular bulb. But of course its your decision. Here is vid on the install, my kit had sticky tape for the ballast so it went real easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKiI5c3Jp74&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
732 Posts
H10 is the same size as 9145, as for the install for hid it will literally take 5 more minutes longer than a regular bulb. But of course its your decision. Here is vid on the install, my kit had sticky tape for the ballast so it went real easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKiI5c3Jp74&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just recently swapped my lights out to Nightbreakers and love em. However, I got 9005's for the fogs after reading they'd fit and they don't. They are extremely close but don't quite fit :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find any H10 Night Breakers

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I just recently swapped my lights out to Nightbreakers and love em. However, I got 9005's for the fogs after reading they'd fit and they don't. They are extremely close but don't quite fit :(

You just have to wiggle it a little. Ime using 9005s in my fogs just fine.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Yep, another vote for HID

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Don't waste your time on those overly priced replacement bulbs. When it comes down to it they are still yellow. HID all the way. 4300K or 5000K. 6000K if you use 55 watt ballasts vs. 35 watt.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
My vote is also for HID. I've been running the DDM Kit for almost 2 years now. 55 watt 6K in my low beams, 35w 5K in my fogs. They are completely white - great visibility at night and major light output.

I'm anticipating one of these bulbs going out soon (surely they won't last more than 2 years?) so i've already ordered replacement bulbs but I went with TheRetroFitSource this time - their customer service seems better and the bulbs weren't shipped from china.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your help. I'm going with the Night Breakers for now, but I'm sure within a year or two I will be asking where to get my HID kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts