Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,
Now that I have chosen a lift (Supreme Suspension 3" spacer w/Coachbuilder's +3" shackles), now it's time to dive in to wheels/tires. The wheels I am looking at are 18x9" with a +12 offset. I am not trying to go with the biggest tires imaginable, but I would like to go bigger than the stock 32" tires.

I see lots of people are able to get a 35" tire under a 3" lift, with some minor modifications. Would a 34" fit with no mods under my lift and at a +12 offset? Could I avoid any rubbing if I go with a 33 or 34?
Would it just be better to go for the 35" tires? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I think a 295/70/18 would work for you. I just put those (Trail Grapplers) on my truck last night and looking at them I think they would have fit just fine before I went up an inch to 4". I removed both sets of mud flaps from the front but really they would have only rubbed on the worthless little ones in the front of the tire.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know a lot of people run the 295/70/18 Nittos with no problems. I just did the math, and realized those are 34s, not 35s like I thought. That might be the way to go.

I will have to research the other suggested options.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I know a lot of people run the 295/70/18 Nittos with no problems. I just did the math, and realized those are 34s, not 35s like I thought. That might be the way to go.

I will have to research the other suggested options.
Yeah, they are like 34.3" but keep in mind also that all tire measurements assume the tire is at max psi, since most sane people don't run at max psi a 35" tire will likely run around at about 34" maybe a bit over.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had a 2.5" front lift and mounted a wore out toyo mt 35x12.5x20 on 20x9 +14 offset, mounted it just for the fun of it. It hit he body mount and hit my fender flares. Now I have a 5" lift with toyo mt 35x12.5x18 with 18x9 +12 offset and it clears the with 1/2" of clearance. You will have to push the front in also, but that's minor.

Reactions: Ol'Dub

·
Registered
172 Posts
35's are gonna bang. I'd do 305/65 or 33x12.5. Wanna wider tire? 325/60 will work.
LOL I hope you're right, because my original wheels/tires order fell through due to unavailability and I ended up with 18x9" Level 8 Trackers (+12mm offset) and 325/60R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I hope all I have to do is remove the mud guards and push the front fender well forward slightly...will find out right before Independence Day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the assurance guys. Not that I don't trust the advice given, but the tire guy kept asking if I am sure I want to go with this size LOL.

·
Registered
577 Posts
running those 295/70r18 on +14 mm offset and I have hardly any clearance on the bm. +12 would hit for sure.

Yeah, they are like 34.3" but keep in mind also that all tire measurements assume the tire is at max psi, since most sane people don't run at max psi a 35" tire will likely run around at about 34" maybe a bit over.
Thanks for the assurance guys. Not that I don't trust the advice given, but the tire guy kept asking if I am sure I want to go with this size LOL.
well what did you end up getting?

·
Registered
172 Posts
well what did you end up getting?
Sticking with the 325/60R18. He called me this morning and confirmed the wheels and tires should be here Tuesday, so I'm shooting for a Wednesday install.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts