Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone running for tire pressure on e rated tires? Tire is rated for max of 80

When I had my diesel I always ran my tires pretty close to 75psi. I know you sacrifice some ride quality but does seems to wear better and get the best mpg near full pressure e

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
If you call the mfg of the tire, they have some crazy program that will tell you what psi you need.

Nitto does at least.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The idea is to try and get the pressure right so the tire wears evenly across the face of the tire.

One way to ball park this is to take the OEM tire rating (from the side wall) and divide by the OEM recommended tire pressure. Then take the new tire rating and figure out the pressure that gives you the same value. No matter what you get, I don't suggest setting the pressure below 30 psi. Then watch the tire closely to see if you are getting excessive center wear (pressure too high), edge wear (pressure set too low), or feathering on both inside and outside edges (pressure too low). Adjust the pressure a few psi up or down so it wears nice and evenly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts