Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy some tires and wheels. I was wondering if 325/50r22 tires will fit my 08 tundra 4x4 CM.. It is going to have a 3" toytec lift on it.

Also which is a better tire BF Goodrich or Nitto?

·
Registered
341 Posts
thats 12.8" wide and 34.8" high. with the right offset and backspacing on the rims you should be able to fit them with just minor trimming of the skid plate.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I am going to buy some tires and wheels. I was wondering if 325/50r22 tires will fit my 08 tundra 4x4 CM.. It is going to have a 3" toytec lift on it.

Also which is a better tire BF Goodrich or Nitto?
BFG all the way

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but how in the world do you decrypt those numbers? I'm also looking for rims /tires to replace my stock set. If the truck is stock, and riding on 18x8 rims, what's the biggest tire I can put on it without having to trim anything?
This should help figure out metric tires. DML Tire and Wheel Calculator

·
"Señor Member"
4,303 Posts
This should help figure out metric tires. DML Tire and Wheel Calculator
Thanks. That's helped a lot with the understanding of the numbers. Do you guys know if trimming the skid plate to avoid tire rubbing voids the factory waranty? There are pictures of a 4x4 crewmax in another thread that has some BFG's 305/65R18 on it and it looks awesome. But he had to trim the skid plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finding the right wheels will be the key. The stock 18x8 wheel has nearly 7" of backspacing. This narrows your choices for aftermarket wheels considerably. Knowing that you want to run 22's is most likely where you will run into issues because most all of your 22" wheels will be a minimum of 9 to 9.5 wide with a 5 to 5.5" backspacing. This is a web-site I like to use when comparing stock tire and wheel configuration versus a desired aftermarket combination. Check it out, it's pretty cool. aftermarket wheels - 1000RIMS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts