Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive had my truck for about two weeks and it's perfect! I put the 3/1 LRO on, did the black out headlights today and ordered a new Grillcraft upper grill.
Any recommendations on tinting the tail light?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've heard of people on the forums here using plasti-dip to get it done. I think there's a whole thread on the stuff... might be over there.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
VHT... One coat will lightly smoke em.

Two coats will look like this....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Three coats blacks em out pretty good.

Make sure to clear coat em with a good automotive clear and wet sand em smooth. Polish and wax to finish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
152 Posts
vht nightshades. I just did my 3rd brake light this weekend. 3 coats vht, 3coats of clear and wetsand, polish. worked great

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Im on it!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Tinting brake lights is the truck version of pants on the floor.

The reality is that, in daytime it is sometimes impossible for the poor bastard behind to tell you are braking.
At night seeing you is also twice as hard which might increase odds of a semi running over you.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Looking sweet is subjective. There is a distinct correlation between age, income, the number of tickets you have gotten, and how sweet they look.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I don't feel that mine are terribly dark. You can see the light just fine through them in the daytime.

I'm glad I stopped at two coats of VHT though as one more would have been too much I think.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did 3 and 3 coats of clear and it is fine too. You can see everything anytime through them. If you can't, someone should have their eyes checked. There also might be a correlation between age and vision:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts