Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i started tinting my tailights today took them off the truck brought them in cleaned them up. sprayed on the first layer of tint and its very runny. I tried to do a light coat but this stuff doesnt spray like spray paint did i get a bad can? Or wqhere did I go wrong?

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
^^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^
Sounds like you either sprayed too close to the light or put on your first coat to thick.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I held the can about 10 inches away like it said but when I srap its not like when you spray paint. its real heavy and doesnt spray good it was hard to do a light coat with it.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is spraying like 2 straight jets out of it. Theres no way to get an even coat off to town I guess.

· "BHLM Master"
3,193 Posts
You have to clean the spray tip, lol!!!!

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its brand new tho. I did wipe it off but still doesnt seem to be spraying right

· "A Man Needs A Maid"
1,276 Posts
Too cold out!

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But I'm inside doin it in my garage :/. Ill figure something out thanks guys

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Your truck is too nice to be jacking up your tails, get them professionally done. That's what I did, or at least bought them professionally painted.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha thanks man. I love Doing it myself tho It makes me feel better about it when it's done well when it comes out good anyways haha. Getting a new can got the lights all cleaned up and wet sanded them re masked them off. giving it another shot.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
I had mine done at a body shop, looks a 100 times better than vht, unless u are big tundra, because that guy is pretty good. I would have sent him mine but after shipping to and from New York, it would have cost the same, but my lights were done in one day. They used clear with 5% black added with 3 coats,

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fixed the can had to change the tips something was deffinetly wrong with it. First coats on thanks guys

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wanted to thank everybody for helping me out. The tail lightscame out great in my opinion. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

· "BHLM Master"
3,193 Posts
You did a nice job

Reactions: dallasrules567
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.