Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the original belt at 108,000 miles. I'm now at 198,000 and it's that time again. I've gotten estimates from two different local shops. One estimate is about $1350, the other about $1275. Both of these include costs for all ancillary parts, which apparently can be purchased as kits with all belts, seals, water pump, yada yada yada.

I expected that this job would not be cheap, though I'm somewhat surprised by these two estimates. I'm incapable of performing this myself, so I've gotta take it somewhere.

Are these prices realistic or are they out of line? Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Whereabouts are you located. That will affect the price quite a bit, IME. Around here, that’s a $1000 +- job for all Aisin parts instead of the auto zone special kit. I know because I just had to get a few quotes for an 07 sequoia I was looking at with the same mileage that apparently NEVER HAD THE TIMING BELT DONE…! Turned out to be a basket case vehicle so I walked away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whereabouts are you located. That will affect the price quite a bit, IME. Around here, that’s a $1000 +- job for all Aisin parts instead of the auto zone special kit. I know because I just had to get a few quotes for an 07 sequoia I was looking at with the same mileage that apparently NEVER HAD THE TIMING BELT DONE…! Turned out to be a basket case vehicle so I walked away.
I'm in Eastern Tennessee. And, while I can't say for sure whether these are all-Asian parts kits, I'm pretty sure that, for one of these shops, they would most likely go for that option.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just for clarification, the parts I’m referring to are Aisin not Asian. Aisin is a Japanese parts manufacturer that supplies and develops automotive parts and/or systems. They are a part of Toyota group, but aren’t Toyota-only parts. So it’s a fancy way of saying OE Toyota parts but they don’t necessarily have to come from a Toyota dealer parts counter in a Toyota bag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just for clarification, the parts I’m referring to are Aisin not Asian. Aisin is a Japanese parts manufacturer that supplies and develops automotive parts and/or systems. They are a part of Toyota group, but aren’t Toyota-only parts. So it’s a fancy way of saying OE Toyota parts but they don’t necessarily have to come from a Toyota dealer parts counter in a Toyota bag.

My bad - I'm woefully ignorant about such things. One interesting note to all this - this morning, I called the dealer from whom I purchased the truck when it was new - they quoted me a price of $1100, whole kit and caboodle.

·
Registered
868 Posts
No worries. Just didn’t want to steer u down the wrong path. That’s funny that the dealer price is cheaper; I’d prolly just go with that. They should know the 4.7v8 well.

Reactions: Beaumont

·
Registered
17 Posts
I replaced the original belt at 108,000 miles. I'm now at 198,000 and it's that time again. I've gotten estimates from two different local shops. One estimate is about $1350, the other about $1275. Both of these include costs for all ancillary parts, which apparently can be purchased as kits with all belts, seals, water pump, yada yada yada.

I expected that this job would not be cheap, though I'm somewhat surprised by these two estimates. I'm incapable of performing this myself, so I've gotta take it somewhere.

Are these prices realistic or are they out of line? Thanks in advance for your input.
When I had my 2004 I paid around $1600 and the dealer wanted 2700 with Oem kit. That’s a good deal if an OEM kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts