Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Why would buy a work truck?

Sent from my toilet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, I really liked the red one. It seems that about 4 months after I bought mine the new body style came out. I was kicking myself for not waiting. Then last Feb. I was at the supercross race in Atlanta and they had new ones on display there. That is when I knew that it was only a matter of time. I drive by the Toyota dealer everyday on the way to work and back. Every now and then, I swing through the lot and look at the inventory. Nothing really appealed to me and I wasn't really serious anyway. Then, on the way home last Friday, I saw this truck on the end of the row. It was a new addition to their Tundra line up. I rolled in the lot and made a couple of passes and I knew it would be coming home with me. I bought it the following Monday and actually worked a pretty good deal.

They threw in a billet grill for me. I also bought a bed rug. But, the first thing thing to install will be a new NRA decal. And I really love the look of the crew max!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Nice truck. Congratulations.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrat ! I dunno why people hating on the look of the 14.

·
Registered
486 Posts
So you got rid of your 2013 TRD 5.7L Tundra and got a 2014 TRD 5.7L? What kind of hit did you take on the 2013?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrat ! I dunno why people hating on the look of the 14.
I am on the fence about the look. I love the interior though. I hate the fact that everyone is following Ford and making boxy looking front ends. Also there is something about the side fender and side bed lines that dont do it for me yet. My dad has one and like I said I love the interior.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am on the fence about the look. I love the interior though. I hate the fact that everyone is following Ford and making boxy looking front ends. Also there is something about the side fender and side bed lines that dont do it for me yet. My dad has one and like I said I love the interior.
I dunno bout the boxy look.But i think its has a very aerodynamic flow to the
look. Most people on here said it look like the Honda ridgeline .I would say
HELL NO. The ridgeline look so wimpy and gay :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
I dunno bout the boxy look.But i think its has a very aerodynamic flow to the
look. Most people on here said it look like the Honda ridgeline .I would say
HELL NO. The ridgeline look so wimpy and gay :D
Damm you hit the nail on the head. It does have a Ridgeline look. The same style fenders and bed. Also the front lights also look alike.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Agree, the exterior of the 2.5's is meh...I still prefer the 2.0's

The Limited/Platinum rims are uuuugly. I know, it's easy to pick up A/M wheels. But you'd like to think that if you drop $45k+ you could be happy with the stock rims for at least a little while...

The interior is a lot nicer though!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Damm you hit the nail on the head. It does have a Ridgeline look. The same style fenders and bed. Also the front lights also look alike.
With the Platinum grill yes, with any other, not so much.

The beds look alike? MMMkay. :confused:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The 2014 model is nice... Only reason I would upgrade is because toyota lagged it on upgrading the motor...

Same HP and TRQ...

Same tranny and so on...

So once they increase the motor then I will...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts